“Same hotel, same review...still no hot tub.”

SpringHill Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed in this same hotel back in either 2009 or 2012, can't remember, but we did remember the hotel when we walked in. There is still no hot tub, but this time I was given a reason...this property used to belong to another hotel chain, and when Marriott bought it, it did not have a hot tub. Well, I think they should add in a hot tub!! The room was clean and nicely decorated. There was a sitting area and a desk, then a sleeping area with 2 queen beds. This one still had a really large closet in the bathroom that you could sleep in if you wanted...4x4 closet. The staff was very nice, the breakfast was very good. Breakfast included make waffles, sausage, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, cereals, juices, yogurt, bagels, English muffins, toast, fresh fruit, milk, and my mom loves the coffee. This hotel is very well located, and it is very nice. If they would add a hot tub, it would make me happier on my next stay. It is close to the Grand Canyon, which is very nice.

1  Thank twcsmom
Gina L, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for your review on your second stay with us! We are pleased that you have once again enjoyed your stay with us! It is unfortunate that we do not have a hot tub, the staff is correct, when we remodeled this property to become a Marriott the area designated for the pool simply was not large enough to accomodate a pool and a hot tub. We look forward to welcome you on your 3rd trip back to our beautiful city!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

There are three Marriott properties in Flagstaff, and I stayed first in another property (Fairfied Inn, Flagstaff, please see review elsewhere) which had extremely small rooms. SpringHill Suites was a major step UP from the Fairfield Inn, and the staff was so excellent that I nominated two of them for special awards. The lobby is open and inviting, the breakfast is hearty, and the room I stayed in was truly outstanding--a word that is often overused, but richly deserved for this property. This is where I will stay whenever I visit Flagstaff. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: This is the Flagstaff Marriott property you want, and I recommend you avoid the Fairfield Inn.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CG45144

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us! We truly pride ourselves on provinding superior customer service to each and every one of our guests and we are so pleased that our staff was a special part of your stay!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I'd have to stretch to say anything bad about this hotel. The pool is indoors, an you can smell the chlorine when you walk by. (so what). There was nobody at the front desk and we had to wait 30 seconds when we walked in. (so what) It was really a very good experience. Check in was no problem, but the hotel was completely full. I know this because people came in and asked while we were checking in. Room was ready, very nice, no issues. We had a room with 2 queen beds and a couch that folded out, but our couch sleeper just slept on the couch and was comfortable there. There were SIX ELECTRICAL OUTLETS at the writing desk. That is so nice for a family with four phones, four tablets, and a laptop. The bathroom door is a sliding door, which was a little weird, but worked fine. When anyone turned the bathroom light on at night, it lit the room up pretty well because the bathroom door was frosted glass, but it sure didn't wake me up. Nice bathroom with a tub/shower, and a pretty big closet area. Fridge and microwave in the room. Also a coffeemaker, but there was coffee in the lobby. Lobby/breakfast area was pretty large, which was good because breakfast was very crowded. Plenty of food though. Standard hot hotel breakfast: eggs, sausage, waffles, bagels & breads, cereal. Coffee was fair. Big pot of oatmeal with the best array of stuff to put in it I've seen at a hotel. My wife liked that. They had a back room for seating because the seating in the lobby/serving area was not sufficient for all the people there. It's a 5 story hotel, with lots of rooms, so feeding all those people is tough. They do a good job if it.
Local newspapers provided at the front desk. Trolleys provided to move your luggage. The parking lot was nearly full since the hotel was full. This isn't the cheapest place to say in Flagstaff, but it's far from the railroad track, good quality and clean, and breakfast is provided. I'd stay here again.

1  Thank cmahar

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your accomodations and breakfast and look forward to welcoming you back on a future trip!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed in a variety of hotels 3-5 star on our recent 16 day road trip across 8 states and this 3 star impressed me the most. The drab exterior is misleading. The interior was decorated in a mix of contemporary/post modern. It was all well-light with a combination of natural lighting, tasteful, modern hidden or track lighting and frosted glass. The small bar seating in the eating area reminded me of the W in NYC. The rooms were also bright and clean. The 2 queen beds were a bit close to the bathroom entrance (they helped by using a sliding frosted glass door) but it's because both the bathroom and seating area were both spacious. Beds were as comfortable as any 5 stars'. Complimentary breakfast was hot, fresh and offered a bit more variety than other places. Staff was super nice, one lady walking around giving stickers to the small children. Small details like the bowl of chupa chup lollipops on the front desk made it obv that these people take their job of your comfort quite seriously. I can't believe this is only a 3 star (2.5 on some sites) and the prices were so low. It's also only 10 mins from the Lowell Observatory. Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Teamstan
Gina L, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us! We truely pride ourselves on hiring the proper staff so they help make each guests stay enjoyable, and we are so happy to hear that our staff went the extra mile during your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next road trip through Flagstaff!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We found the people very nice we had a wonderful time the rooms were clean and stylish, we were close enough to down town but far enough to have a good nights sleep away from the train tracks we would definitely stay here again, keep up the good work! :)

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank VanAdventure
Gina L, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for your review on your stay with us! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and had a great nights sleep! We look forward to welcoming you back ona future trip!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed a week and had a huge room which was expertly cleaned and tidied each day. It was in reasonably good condition, with no stains. The front desk young women were very helpful. There was a wonderful cheery girl working on the breakfast and the man worked tirelessly to clean and refresh everything. What a big job he had with all the Americans leaving mess everywhere! I felt that he should have an assistant. The breakfast had extensive choice but for us as New Zealanders used to fresh, organic breakfasts it was a real eye-opener to see all the USA people eating such fake food. the cereals seemed to be mostly sugar. Thank goodness they had nice natural porridge, although the almonds and walnuts were to us strangely dry and tasteless. I suspect this was not the hotel's fault. There were other nice toppings provided. The eggs were nicely done but pale and tasteless compared to our New Zealand eggs. My husband liked the sausages but to me they were salty and oozing fat. they were very popular though so I guess I am spoilt with my organic, home kill sausages in N.Z. Everyone seemed to be tucking into heaps of food. There were bagels and croissants and muffins and cinnamon bread- it was endless! It was summer and the place was very busy at breakfast which I found very hard, coming from a small peaceful country. I think they need to make the breakfast period longer to make it a nicer experience at peak times. that is my only negative really. American children seem to be generally untamed and loud. the dogs were all very well-behaved. I didn't notice them at all. The pool was ok but inside because this is a skiing place in the winter.

Room Tip: Ask for a disability access room if you want to have room to dance!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank HowardandJoy
Chris S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hello Howard and Joy! Thank you for your colorful and entertaining review. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay. Yes, there is some truth to your observations, but not all American children misbehave and eat poorly. We're working on it! Hope all is well in New Zealand! Thanks for visiting us from so far away. Cheers,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Front desk staff of the Springhill Suites is very friendly, which is especially nice to weary travelers. The hotel is clean and efficient. Nothing over the top, but nice nonetheless. There is PLENTY of closet space for business travelers who might need extra closet space to store personal items out of the way with a nice desk center for working. The rooms include a microwave, fridge, and coffeemaker that makes 4 cups. The breakfast is a very nice spread - freshly prepared coffees and juices, big bagels and English muffins, pastries, cereals, yogurts, and eggs. Would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Lisa G

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed you stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay!