We were very pleasantly surprised by the service, cleanliness and amenities of this pet friendly hotel. Any other hotels we've stayed in that were pet friendly are normally not as clean and it's something that you just sometimes have to accept with pet friendly places. There were plenty of other animals around but they were by no means "everywhere" as some of the other reviewers stated.
We stayed over New Years and it was very busy. The room was very clean and quiet, on the 4th floor and on the opposite side from the main road - we heard no noise inside the room, except for the occasional siren outside.
As others have mentioned, the King suite layout was a bit strange, but a room for sleeping in and hanging out watching TV was all we really needed and did not spend an awful lot of time in there. The fridge and microwave were very useful and we used them often. The shower produced copious hot water and the heat system was great - although, interestingly it produced frost on the inside part of the unit both nights. We eventually put a towel over it just so we didn't actually bump into the cold while walking by it!
Breakfast was adequate, although nothing special, but for being included in the room rate we could not complain and everyone in our family left the breakfast room satiated. The first day we went for breakfast late and it was extremely crowded, but the following morning we were early and there was plenty of room. They had apples, bananas, cereal, hard boiled eggs, muffins, some sort of coffee cake, bagels, English muffins, egg and sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, and make your own waffles. PLus juice, tea and coffee. So plenty of choices.
They discounted our price significantly for being a government employee (almost half!) which we appreciated and this will encourage us to return next time. The dog "sanitation fee" was a bit high at $50, but overall we decided it was worth it for the amenities they offered - one being an indoor heated pool which was great after being outside in the cold and snow all day!
There is a nice forest area directly behind the hotel and it was a great place to take the sled and the dog out for a walk.
Hotel is centrally located - you can walk to Wal-Mart and a grocery store, as well as a few other stores and plenty of restaurants a short drive away (and some will deliver to the hotel).
Overall we enjoyed our stay and will definitely return next time we are in Flagstaff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located at the crossroads of I-17 and I-40, the hotel is steps away from many restaurants and shopping areas. Relax around the swimming pool or soak up the magnificent views of the San Francisco Peaks. Whether traveling on business or pleasure our hotel is just minutes away from local restaurants, shopping and historic downtown Flagstaff.In addition to our centralized location and our dedicated staff, you will appreciate our spacious studio suites with either a king bed or two queen beds. Additional amenities include: sofa bed, mini-fridge, microwave, in-room coffee service, a large well-lit desk, daily complimentary hot breakfast buffet, 24 hour fitness room, complimentary internet access, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your SpringHill Suites Flagstaff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Flagstaff Hotel Flagstaff
- SpringHill Suites Flagstaff North America