“A real treat in Flagstaff”

Taverna Greek Grill
Ranked #28 of 345 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Egg Harbor, Wisconsin
“A real treat in Flagstaff”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was so happy to find a unique menu and delicious food after days of fast food on a long road trip. We enjoyed some of local beers and their lamb specialties - everything was just great. Very convenient to the interstate and many hotels in the area.

• Visited June 2014

High Point, North Carolina
“Great find”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the lady at the front desk at the Spring Hill Suites. It is a short walk away. We sat at the bar for an early dinner. They have drink and food happy hour specials that we took advantage of. The4y have several craft beers on draft. I asked what the porter was like and the bartender brought me a sample. It was excellent. My wife ordered the Greek salad and I ordered the zucchini fritters. The Greek salad was excellent. The fritters themselves were OK but when dipped into the aioli they came with, they were excellent. I had two beers. My wife had two glasses of Chardonnay. The total bill was $23.04 (before tip).This is a great place to go anytime but especially during happy hour.

• Visited June 2014
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Casual dining, good food, excellent service”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The Taverna Greek Grill is a casual Greek & Italian restaurant with a diverse menu. The salmon was well-seasoned and cooked to order. The fresh cooked vegetables were crisp-cooked, a healthy touch. The waiter was very helpful and friendly. The atmosphere was comfortable.

Visited May 2014
Sunnyvale, California
“Not Really Greek to Me”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I love Greek food. I had Greek friends growing up and good restaurants in the Chicago area. We ordered the mezza plate and it was very funny to see our waitresses' face when I asked for Greek wine. They didn't have it, of course, because this place isn't really Greek, it's confusion cuisine. It was also expensive for both the food and the ambiance. We won't return.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Betsy99
Los Angeles, California
“Don't listen to the Yelp reviews/rating... A great option to cure brewpub fatigue”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We dropped in for a somewhat early dinner on Saturday evening. We were greeted very warmly by the hostesses and seated right away. Our server, Andrew (?) was very friendly and so helpful with menu suggestions. The evening's special was a hamburger with mac and cheese and bacon. Sounded amazing, but I had eaten a really heavy burger the night before and couldn't handle another heavy burger. At his suggestion, I settled on the souvlaki and chose the lamb and beef combo. Hubby ordered the Gyro sandwich. We started with the hummus and pita appetizer. The pita was fresh and warm; the hummus was all right.

My lamb (medium) and beef (med rare) souvlaki were prepared perfectly. The meat was so tender and juicy. The seasonal veggies were asparagus and broccolini - done quite well, although they could lighten up on the oil. Hubby's gyro was very good.

I should mention that our server also had other recommendations: Carnivore flatbread; Feta Berry salad; chop't salad; any of the pasta dishes; the steak and cheese sandwich; salmon (wild); chicken santorini.

And what is not to love about Baklava Cheesecake?!

Overall, we were very pleased. The food was delicious, the service was fantastic. If our server was not checking on us at appropriate times (after we'd taken one or two bites), someone was filling our drinks and clearing plates as soon as they were empty. A manager also popped in to check on us.

We'll make this place one of our staples when we are in town. It was nice to have a different dining option. We were getting a little bit of brew pub fatigue.

• Visited May 2014