“Great Service for a "nut free" kid”

Taverna Greek Grill
Ranked #28 of 357 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We visited with a tour group of 20 that included our 12 yo grandson with a nut allergy. The manager came by and assured him that the kitchen was aware of allergy questions and that his pizza would be free of contamination. He had a great, relaxed meal thanks to the time taken by the manager.
I'm not a Greek food expert but we enjoyed our Gyros and I didn't hear any complaints about other dishes from the gang at the table. Overall a good experience.
It was a bit noisy but, then, our group contributed to the din.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

On our way to the Grand Canyon we spent the night in Flagstaff for the evening and ate here, as it was really close to our hotel. We found it to be a great place to have a family meal together. A lot different than your typical Applebee's and Chili's type of grub. Service was friendly and knowledgeable. We had Gyros, Falafels and Pepperoni Pizza. We all enjoyed it. Felt that we really got a good value for the price on the menu. Enjoyed seeing the ceiling high flaming cheese appetizers people were getting.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

A year ago in July five of us ate here and it was excellent. What the blank blank happened since then? My husband and I went last week, we are Greek so we know what Greek food should taste. We ordered the gyro sandwiches with the Greek salad. The meat was lukewarm and it tasted and looked like the frozen gyro meat you buy in pieces at whole sale suppliers, there were three pieces of meat. The salad came with out dressing, when I asked the server why there is no dressing she said since we changed the manue it comes with no dressing. What a difference a year makes. May be they have new owners or management . Well they need to go back to the old ways of running this place.

6  Thank sandy v
Reviewed 18 July 2014

They have a new menu and it is a large place with large TVs for sports watching. It is usually crowded on the weekends.

I ordered the Greek sausage and it was cooked well and tasty, but the plate looked and tasted like something that I had seen while I was living in Mexico. Below the sausage was a corn, pepper and onion mix with some red sauce.

I have also traveled in Greece and I never saw plate presentations like I saw in this restaurant. They had more of that fajita plate look.

The Greek salad was tasty, but this Greek restaurant did not sell any Ritzina wine? A Greek place that doesn't sell Greek wine is surprising.

1  Thank bethany p
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Best Greek salad I have ever had! (I asked for extra dressing.). And the Pesto that comes with the bread is delicious especially with grated Parmesan added onto it. The restaurant is friendly and vibrant and the waitress was very attentive. It has a great atmosphere also. I came in at 5:00 for dinner (even though they do have a happy hour) and was served my food fast. Love this place!