“Worth the Trip”

Criollo Latin Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Criollo Latin Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 348 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2014

After an overnight flight to Flagstaff, Criollo was a welcome sight. The atmosphere was bright, airy, and clean. The service was friendly and attentive. I loved the water jugs they place on your table so you can always be sure to have a refill of water available.

My partner and I came to Criollo Latin Kitchen, because I had a huge craving for churros and planned our trip in Arizona to include this. I was sorely disappointed in the overpriced churros we received, but was overwhelmingly impressed and satisfied with the our entrees.

Criollo uses locally grown produce and meats so they only use items in season. This makes for a guilt free and exciting eating experience, because what you know where your food is coming from and what you order might not be on the menu in some months. I recommend coming here if you haven't already!

There are newer reviews for Criollo Latin Kitchen

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Food was very good. Appetizers were fantastic. Entrees were also good, but appetizers were better still. Recommend going for happies, several menu options much cheaper. Restaurant had many appealing drinks, but we were too tired on our trip to drink any -- dang.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

While on a recent road trip in Arizona, the constant menus of burgers, fries, grease and more grease were really increasing my waistline and wearing on my nerves. I was determined to find something edible in Flagstaff and thought I had died and gone to heaven upon finding this restaurant. I ate every meal while in Flagstaff there. I was surprised how inexpensive the food was given the quality. The service was generally good except for the last evening when the female server didn't really bother to serve me at all which was disappointing since I had had such a good experience at the restaurant previously (it was a Sunday evening so it wasn't busy). I ate breakfasts and dinners there and all were excellent. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Criollo is one of my favorite places to eat in Flagstaff. It is a little pricier but everything is absolutely worth it. If you go during happy hour you MUST try one of the seasonal margarita flavors and the fish tacos are to die for. The fact that everything is all natural and as local as they can get it doesn't hurt my love for the food either. I have been here for brunch, lunch, happy hour and dinner and have NEVER been disappointed. The braised chicken is my absolute favorite thing on the menu but I don't recommend getting it to go unless you have NO other option, it can get a little messy. Otherwise a must stop location if you are in Flagstaff!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

It is so nice to find a place that is unexpected very nice. This was the case at Criollo in downtown Flagstaff. We didn’t have reservations when we showed up just before 6 PM on a Friday. The wait for a table was already as around 30-45 min. once a table was open we didn’t have to wait long before we were greeted by the staff. The menu was very intriguing to say the least. I had to run through it a few times before narrowing down what I wanted. I settled on the Mojo Marinated Pork Tenderloin and my wife had the Seared Mahi-mahi with the Smoked Tomato Risotto. Before the entrees we had Coconut & Masa Fried Calamari. Nice choice. We rarely are Calamari eaters. But glad we made an exception this time. Everything we had from the menu was awesome. Honestly it does take a lot for me to have that ‘wow’ factor for restaurants. That night we left having that feeling. One thing we noticed is how well the staff worked together. After so many years away from the restaurant business I still pick up very quickly if they are in sync or not. This place just so happened to have a wine dinner event later this month with the winery we belong to in Page Springs. Just wish we had that weekend free so we could drive back up to Flagstaff for that event. Highly recommend it. Be prepared to wait for a table if your group is under 6 people. They only take reservations for 6 or more. Well worth the wait.

3  Thank ChefTIO