“Warm, Comfortable, Affordable”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Warm, Comfortable, Affordable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We spent a weekend in Flagstaff playing in the snow & riding on the train in Williams (Polar Express). We loved the hotel - family friendly, so comfortable & inviting. There's a 'great room' off of the dining service area with lots of couches, tables (for breakfast) & cozy chairs. There was a fire going in the fireplace the entire time. It was a cozy place to just relax before going out again.

The beds were above par & wonderful to fall into at the end of the day. I loved the pillows! When I mentioned that I'd like to find out where to get some of the pillows the girl at the desk mentioned that because they get so many questions about them they sell them - for $10 each! I bought 2 & they're great!

This is a place we'll be going back to in the future!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed at the Flagstaff Comfort Inn while traveling for Christmas. The front desk staff was very nice and made us feel welcome. The room was nicely decorated and clean (a point that seems to be a problem with many hotels priced in this range). The decor of the lobby is very "lodge-like" and the breakfast was great. We'll stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
California Bay Area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

I was, frankly, prejudiced against any hotel named "Comfort Inn." It sounded very downscale. However, I spent three wonderful nights at the property and would highly recommend it. It is in a convenient location, within walking distance of stores and restaurants, and just a couple of miles from the historic downtown area.

As others have commented, what makes this place especially charming is the cozy dining area with rocking chairs and couches in front of the large fireplace. I'm not a big fan of having stuffed animal heads mounted to fireplaces - maybe a pair of antlers instead? - but others might not be bothered.

For me, the most important things are getting a good night's sleep and being in a clean facility where everything works, and Comfort Inn was top-notch in those areas.

Breakfast was very good. I would add some type of potatoes to go with the scrambled eggs, but that's a nit.

The three days I was there were during the Christmas season and the hotel was filled with young children, which made for a noisier breakfast time than I am accustomed to, but it was also charming to see the younger ones at breakfast in their pajamas - like going to a giant family reunion. But if you prefer a quieter dining experience, I suggest off-season.

As others have mentioned, the front desk staff were uniformly friendly and helpful. I do wish, however, that they had someone available to help with bags. There was snow and ice in the parking lot and having someone there would be great.

I will definitely stay at Comfort Inn on my next visit to Flagstaff!

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room as I am a light sleeper, and they put me in a room that was halfway between...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Footloosewomen
MORENO VALLEY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

One of the nicest Comfort Inns in the country. Feels like a mountain lodge. Spacious rooms with couch, Mini fridge, microwave, and flat screen TV.

I have two complaints. Number one, you can only login on the Wi-Fi for 24 hours. Suddenly you'll be working and your Wi-Fi is gone, and you have to login again. Why can't this be set up to login provide length of stay?

I hate where the TV is. It's been screwed into a tall cabinet at the very back of the cabinet. So when you want to use the remote you'll need to lift your hand as far up as it will stretch. This is stupid. #1, why would anyone think that they want the TV to be 2 feet further away from the viewer? And #2, the system has tons of channels, but your arm will wear out before you'll be able to surf them all! Can't imagine what someone was thinking when they made this decision. As I often say, Owners/Managers should stay in their Hotel at least annually!

I had an issue here which was not taken care of. I twice reported that my TV had bad sound, the voices seem to be trilling. After reporting this the first time, when I returned I saw nothing was done and I reported it again. I was assured someone would check it. Again, nothing was done. 5 days later when I checked out, I was asked if everything was ok. I said I reported a problem with the TV and nothing was done. The front desk person said he had checked it and found no problem. Unfortunately no one decided to let me know, I guess they thought I was just an idiot. In my opinion as a full-time traveler, this was poorly handled.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

I have no doubt that I'll be coming back to this Comfort Inn on my next trip. I dealt with several members of the staff, and each found a way to make my stay even better. This was probably the friendliest staff I've encountered in a long time. The lobby is very inviting with a couple rocking chairs in front of a large fireplace. The rooms and the rest of the hotel were very clean. The location is wonderful being close to I-17, I-40, restaurants, route-66, and just one road over from a main thoroughfare. So we didn't hear any of the traffic. We stayed here after traveling on the Polar Express, and the next morning one of the staff asked my son about it. He was of course eager to share. When my family went to play in the snow, they recommended a few options since the typical snow play areas are not yet open. We had a great time. They were even kind enough to let us check out late so we could come back and change clothes afterwards. I've had bad luck with other locations run by this hotel chain, but this hotel is a gem. Do yourself a favor and spend a few nights here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed sitting by the large fireplace in the lobby with hot chocolate and the warm cookies were a nice touch. Price was good and breakfast was excellent! I would recommend staying here if you are in the flagstaff area. Thank you for the hospitality. A+

• Stayed December 2013
Queens, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Again... another great place to relax after along drive.. The staff was great and set up our Grand Canyon tour with Dora, which we loved!! Thank U Travis!!! Clean and cozy... Breakfast was good and overall, we enjoyed our stay here... Thank-you again...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple