We stayed at this hotel for two nights to visit the Grand Canyon, (about 1.5 hours up the road). Upon arrival, check in was not good. The lady behind the Counter, Tina I believe, did not make eye contact with me once, chewed gum, and just seemed rather abrasive in character...
...However, that was the only negative, the room was lovely, the beds were very comfortable, and our room had a fridge and microwave in it, which can be useful when on the road. The room was in the inner section which was away from the road so it was very quiet.
Breakfast was brilliant, something which I am finding a trait in Best Westerns, it has a cooked self service option and there is plenty of it. The breakfast room/lobby is indeed a lovely hunting lodge style room, but is limited on seating. There are a few spare upstairs, or otherwise you might have to wait.
Location is a bit out of town, but within walking distance to a few local convenience stores, a Target, and a few restaurants, unless its real cold outside!
Parking: the car park can fill up, especially when two dozen motorcycles occupy most the bays and trailers the others, there doesn't seem to be an overflow, but I guess if there are no bays left, Reception must have a solution.
Overall, this is a nice hotel and has a good feel about it, the staff on other days were very friendly and welcoming; I would consider stopping here if in the area in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among the Ponderosa Pines at the base of the San Francisco Peaks in Northern Arizona, the Comfort Inn I-17 & I-40 is conveniently located less than one mile from Northern Arizona University. The Flagstaff Pulliam Airport is only four miles away.This pet-friendly hotel is close to popular area attractions including: The Arizona Snowbowl Route 66 Lowell ObservatoryGrand Canyon National Park is 75 miles north and the red rocks of Sedona, including Slide Rock State Park, are just a short drive south. Your hotel amenities include: Free wireless high-speed Internet Free coffee Free local calls Free fresh-baked cookies Outdoor pool and heated hot tubsYour Morning Breakfast is full of hot and delicious options, making breakfast at the Comfort Inn I-17 & I-40 the perfect way to start your day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Inn Flagstaff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Flagstaff Hotel Flagstaff
- Flagstaff Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Flagstaff North America