“Very comfortable room and good breakfast...”

Comfort Inn Flagstaff
Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
GreenLeadersBronze level
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Very comfortable room and good breakfast...”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights to visit the Grand Canyon, (about 1.5 hours up the road). Upon arrival, check in was not good. The lady behind the Counter, Tina I believe, did not make eye contact with me once, chewed gum, and just seemed rather abrasive in character...

...However, that was the only negative, the room was lovely, the beds were very comfortable, and our room had a fridge and microwave in it, which can be useful when on the road. The room was in the inner section which was away from the road so it was very quiet.

Breakfast was brilliant, something which I am finding a trait in Best Westerns, it has a cooked self service option and there is plenty of it. The breakfast room/lobby is indeed a lovely hunting lodge style room, but is limited on seating. There are a few spare upstairs, or otherwise you might have to wait.

Location is a bit out of town, but within walking distance to a few local convenience stores, a Target, and a few restaurants, unless its real cold outside!

Parking: the car park can fill up, especially when two dozen motorcycles occupy most the bays and trailers the others, there doesn't seem to be an overflow, but I guess if there are no bays left, Reception must have a solution.

Overall, this is a nice hotel and has a good feel about it, the staff on other days were very friendly and welcoming; I would consider stopping here if in the area in the future.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room overlooking in pool/inner courtyard - should be quieter than the ones overlooki...
Green Features: Non-recyclable plastic cups and plates? Not that environmentally friendly is it! Otherwise, didn't notice anything odd.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Fort Worth
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night in a room with one king bed on our road trip. The room was very clean and included a very comfortable bed and good hot shower. I was happily surprised by the Comfort Inn and am now inclined to stay at these properties all over when we travel. There are lots of choices on flagstaff for lodging and they seem to fill up fast, so I would book Comfort Inn quick and know you have a nice place to stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Abby W
Moon Township, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Very friendly and helpfull, nice room. Had some maintenace problems that they addressed immediately. Nice lounge area. Very good breakfast, much better than I expected. Would highly suggest this for a place to stay in the Falgstaff area.

Room Tip: Pool is for kids, to be expected
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Milledgeville, Georgia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My family & I stayed here 1 night. Be careful of meeting other vehicles on the sharp curve of the driveway up to the hotel. We had reserved the 2Q suite. Nice room with a kitchenette. Everything was clean, but there were no trash bags in any of the trash cans in our room.
The breakfast area is roomy with nice tables & chairs. The breakfast has a nice variety of food, including hot choices.
The staff was friendly. My granddaughter's sunglasses & a book got left behind. I called them to see if they were found. They did find them. I asked that they be mailed to me the least expensive way possible.
After talking to a 2nd employee to confirm just that, I had a charge to my card for $28 cause they were mailed UPS. $28????!!!!!???? WOW!!!! Just don't leave anything behind......

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hinton, Oklahoma
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed here two nights while visiting the Grand Canyon. The staff were very helpful, our room very clean and comfortable, the bed was great. The bathroom was a little small, but ok. Breakfast was nice with lots of options. We did laundry here and were a little disappointed there was only 1 washer and 1 dryer for a hotel this size. We would stay again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Comfort Inn Flagstaff was the best Comfort Inn I've ever been to. When I travel, I usually stay at hotels within this price range, and I generally know what to expect. While this particular Comfort Inn is still a hotel of their brand, it executes everything very, very well.

Parking is plentiful and nothing seems like too far of a walk. The indoor decor is contemporary but still has a local, desert touch. I liked the "woods" wall paper in the lobby and the fireplace with the giant deer, whom I nicknamed Harold. The desk staff was very friendly and courteous. They were happy to give directions and suggestions. The rooms were comfortable, large enough for those who mainly are in their rooms to sleep, and pleasantly decorated (warm earth tones seem to be the trend). The only quibble I had is that I wish the bathroom was slightly larger. The wi-fi was fine and didn't have the normal "public space drag."

The breakfast was excellent for an included hotel breakfast. There were many protein selections, such as sausage, scrambled eggs, egg "patties," hard boiled eggs, bacon, and yogurt. As a side note, I was thrilled that there was a selection of hot sauce with the eggs. This is the first hotel I've been at where these are readily available. There were two waffle irons ready to go, as well as several pastry, bread, and oatmeal options. We also did not have to jockey for a table, which is rare in hotel breakfast areas. In case there is an issue, however, I noticed there was second floor seating that no one was taking advantage of.

We made Flagstaff our base of operations while we visited the Grand Canyon and Sedona. It is a bit of a drive to the Grand Canyon, but we felt overall happier staying here than in Williams or right next to the park. There are several great nearby restaurants, shopping options, gas stations, and even a movie theater. The hotel is accessible to I-40, I-17, and Route 66. We chose not to explore the pool or hot tub because during the time of our visit, the wild fire's smoke had drifted directly over Flagstaff.

If I were to return to the Flagstaff area, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary_Frances_From_TN
Breckenridge, Colorado
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Nice hotel conveniently located south of a Flag. The lobby has a nice meeting area where a hot breakfast is served every morning. We especially enjoyed the larger two queen bed room with fridge, microwave and table with four chairs for our family.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends