“OK Motel but irritatingly flawed.”

Quality Inn - Flagstaff / East Lucky Lane
Ranked #45 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This motel is on Lucky Lane which is kind of like a frontage road to Interstate 40 just east of downtown Flagstaff so there is some road noise.

Check-in took some time since there was no clerk in the office when I got there – just a sign saying they’d be back shortly, which was at least 5 minutes.

I wanted a quiet room to the rear but I got a room fairly close to (but not exactly) the front. Most motels in Flagstaff have either highway noise or railroad noise. I did not hear any trains at this motel but I did hear some Interstate 40 background noise all night. The motel is arranged with at least three buildings with a rear courtyard space. I would think that the rear courtyard, somewhat sheltered from I-40, would be a better location for a guest room for quietness. Unfortunately I was closer to the front.

The room was not in great condition. The sink drain linkage was not working properly, the dead bolt in the door did not line up with the hole in the door jamb, and the television remote control was missing. The bathtub area looked pretty ugly. The three-panel surround kit did not mate properly with the tub so there was gaps where things came together and the gaps were full of black or orange mildew and “matter” which looked gross.

There were a lot of plumbing noises from nearby rooms when people drew water or flushed toilets which was a bit irritating. In fact, I don’t think I have ever stayed in motel that was so noisy from other people’s room’s water demands.

The good things were that the bed was very good and the breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear, away from I-40, and facing the courtyard will likely be the quietest.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Road_Rambler59
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn - Flagstaff / East Lucky Lane

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed here in Flagstaff, AZ it cost $34.78 What a deal right?? It was clean but very old and small room it had a fridge and a microwave and for the 2 of us and our dog Duke it was ok for one night. Breakfast was you average waffles eggs cereal muffins and coffee . We had a queen size bed you walk past the office and make a right at the pool and we were mid way down on the right, Don't think I would stay here again. Was here February 26, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SFARES
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed here last year with my husband and it was perfectly adequate. Travelling alone I stopped there again and noted part of the motel was undergoing remodelling and the parking lot was empty. I found out why when the desk clerk said she wouldn't honour my coupon as 'we don't do those any more''. This is because Quality Inn has doubled its prices. A minimum of $75? Good luck with that given Flagstaff is full of better and more reasonable hotels.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jane M
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights during our trip to Southwest. The building is old but our room with 2 queen beds was very clean and comfortable at an exceptional value--in fact, better than some places we stayed which were considerably more expensive. The staff were friendly and helpful. We were especially surprized with the quality of hot breakfast. Much better than expected or received at other places.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Booked this hotel because I have a membership with an umbrella company that includes Quality Inns. They also had a handicapped room available. Now, the people in the office were very very nice. But, the room! It was nowhere near the available wheelchair ramps. Inside there was one double or queen sized bed, but the wall had two headboards, one where a 2nd bed should have been. There sat a dirty sofa that if you sat in it, you sank halfway to the floor. And there was a blood stain on it. The carpet was filthy and stained. There was a big, flat screen TV, but there were many cables and wires tacked to the wall beneath it. They were all hooked to a big surge protector that, if memory serves, was also tacked to the wall. The furniture looked like it had been bought as part of an auction lot, and it was worn down and battered. Seriously, it was the most beat-up, nicked, scratched and battered furniture in a hotel I have ever seen. The one chair we had was a swivel desk chair that wobbled dangerously. (The desk clerk replaced it with a solid chair that still looked a hundred years old.) The handicap bathroom looked pretty good--till a hunk of ceiling fell out and crash- landed on the coffee maker before bouncing into the sink! Apparently, some work was being done and a 6 x 8" rectangle had been cut out of the ceiling, only to be taped back up with what looked like cellophane packing tape. Suffice it to say, it didn't hold,and that was the last straw. We sort of slept in our clothes and took off the next morning even though we'd reserved the room for two nights.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Very nice staff. Close to everything. A little run down. The bathroom had a few leftover hair. Other than that, room seems clean. Great for one night just to get some rest and move on. The price is right for the night and rest.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The room was adequate, but the overall appearance was run down. There was a truck stop close to the room we were in, so very noisy and hard to sleep. At least it is close to shops and restaurants. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple