“Wait until construction is finished...maybe”

Quality Inn - Flagstaff / East Lucky Lane
Ranked #45 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We weren't planning on staying the night in Flagstaff, but ended up needing a room at the last minute. I don't know what was going on in town, but almost everything was booked. I found this place online for $58. We went there, they refused to honor advertised price and charged us $65. It's only $7, but it's the principle. The carpet was really nasty. There was no refrigerator, but it did have a coffee pot. We had a crazy, creepy dresser that the drawers moved in and out on its own! We ended up lodging a wad of kleenex between the drawers to get them to stop opening and closing. The shower had to be 100% hot to get barely lukewarm and that was the smallest sliver of soap I have ever encountered. They are undergoing renovations, but still advertise "deluxe hot breakfast" on the marquee - totally false advertising. Breakfast was cereal, juice, pastries and boiled eggs. It would have to be a real emergency to go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HBlueKitty

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Spent one night here on the way to the Grand Canyon - room was small and fairly dark. They are obviously renovating, all the furniture from the 60s that was still in our room, had already been removed from the other rooms and were stored (openly) in the parking lot.

Due to renovations, there is no breakfast room, and instead they use 2 small hotel rooms.

All in all - rooms were clean, wifi was okay, but I wouldn't go here until they've fully renovated, then it might be worth it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I spent a night here as part of a tour group.

We had a corner room on the second floor, and the room was absolutely horrible! Mold was growing on the wall, and the wallpaper was peeling. The toilet would not flush properly (the water would swirl but nothing would go down the pipe unless the handle was pressed and held continuously for 3 minutes), and the sink would not drain at all!

Breakfast was late (and it sucked!), and for the group of 35 people was served in a room that could sit a maximum of 18 people (where's the safety in this?!), and other people from outside our group were also allowed to join in!

Until they finish their renovations, I absolutely would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Adeline T
Reviewed 20 July 2014

front desk rude , room had dirty rugs ,cracked wall in tub, toilet loose, rust in bathtub , rusty hinges in bathroom , loose toilet seat , caulking missing in tub, missing handles on furniture pillows so old I had to use several pillows together to make 1 pillow check about breakfast we book hotel because it said it had full hot breakfast it did not say they were under construction and you only get cont. breakfast came back after long morning to no electric power they said they could not change room for us my husband sleeps with c pap needs power to sleep , handy man only about 20 and had no idea what to do asked to talk or see manager never showed up finally we moved to room next door it was open and cleaned and had electric power ( waited 1 1/2 hours he kept saying in 5 min it will be fixed never happened they were no help said they would bring keys never saw them again no key) no one knew what to do we tried to change to another hotel after first night all sold out elsewhere and to top it all I had notes on the desk about things wrong that I was going to give to desk when we checked out and someone took it never to be seen again under no circumstances stay her

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This hotel is only a 10 minute drive away from downtown. For the price we paid everything was acceptable. The door stuck and the bathroom was less than sparkling. Nevertheless, it was a good location, cheap price, and clean room. Due to the remodeling breakfast was served in two rooms, resulting in limited seating. Breakfast lacked hot/warm foods (it consisted of pastries, hard boiled eggs, and apples). Again, for the price we paid it was ok.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank map32
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

At over $100.00 for a room here they could at least managed to have a hot breakfast regardless of the construction. It's just too much to ask without amenitie.Also what's the deal with the 2 inch bars of soap?

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2014

we got our fiest dog friendly room. it was fine. it wasnt the best room in the hotel, but i wouldnt expect a dog room to be great. it was 1 queen for me roy and the 2 dogs but now we know better. the bed was too soft but thats ok too. they were nice, breakfast was fine....good coffee. i would go back

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business