“Very Happy” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #43 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Very Happy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2010

Staff friendly. Rooms clean and comfortable. B/fast very nice. Short walk to restaurants. I enjoyed my stay and would stay again. You need your own lap top for internet my only grizzle.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank rovinkiwi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2010

The night I stayed here, all of the card keys for room entry for the entire hotel were not working. This meant I had to see a desk attendant every time I wanted to enter my room. I find this pretty unacceptable. I would have booked somewhere else in Flagstaff had I known this would have been an issue. No comp and no discount were offered. Full rate. Otherwise, it seemed like a pretty clean hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank SkippyChunky

Travellers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2010

very clean and nice. staff friendly and helpful. rates for seniors great . beds and bedding very comfortable. continental breakfast included hot items and food was plentiful.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank wildadventurer
Bakersfield, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2009

I stayed here for one night on a trip from Kentucky to California. I found that it was nice and clean and the price was very reasonable. There were several chain restaurant's within easy walking distance. Freeway noise from I-40 was somewhat loud but tolerable. The bed was very comfy and warm. I could not hear the people in the rooms around me, so that was an added plus. The hot breakfast was okay, but had to be microwaved to bring it up to the temperature that I liked. All in all, this was a good, reasonably priced place to stay if you are blowing through town on your way somewhere else. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank lcspop
Rochester, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2009

We arrived at 4pm for a two night stay on Sept 23, 2009, after driving from Grand Canyon North Rim and touring Bryce Canyon all day. The desk clerk could not get the system to acknowledge a gift card for the hotel, and said she would check with the night manager. We dropped off our luggage to our room, and headed out for dinner. You have to try GRANNY'S CLOSET for dinner. It was the best meal we had on an 8 day vacation run with happy hour 4-7pm, $3 appetizers ( 7 jalepenio poppers in an order ), with superb prime rib and fillets. After dinner we went up to Lowell Observatory for public night and got to look thru the 24" Lowell Telescope at Jupiter and it's moons. TOTALLY AWESOME!! Return to the hotel and showered for bed about 11pm. After about 15 minutes after we crawled into the sack we heard a train whistle. While it didn;t sound like it was in the room with us, it was very prominent (I'm hard of hearing). And so it started.... Every 20 minutes or so, a train would come by and blow it's horn/whistle several times.. All night long... We got about 2 hours of sleep. We crawled out of bed exhausted at 5:15AM and headed for Sedona for sightseeing, and returned to the hotel about 9pm. No maid service for cleaning, wet towels, no beds made up, no trash removed from room. The 2nd night was a night from h**l as we knew what was coming. Checkout in the AM brought no response from the front desk on the gift card issues, and we were so tired we just crawled to the car and headed off for a quite nap at a highway rest stop. TAKE HEED ON THE TRAIN WHISTLE ISSUES FOLKS!!!! The highpoint of this stay was the breakfast. great sausage, french toast, omlettes, pastries, coffee, juices. You just can;t sleep there is all. 8-)

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Benson, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2009

Lots of bad reviews here...maybe some rooms are good and some bad - but I like this place. The vent. system works good - kind of rare, and my main gripe, in inexpensive hotels - the internet works good, clean, and an unusually good breakfast. Good value. I'd give it a 4 for value but I'll bump it to 5 to counteract some of the very bad reviews that i don't really think are warranted.

Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
SAFFORD, ARIZONA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2009

Quickly booked this online without reading any reviews. I figured Quality Inn would be basic, clean and fair priced. Got to this location and could not believe what a dump this was. I was reluctant as I was traveling alone with kids....but completed check in and got to first room. My son used bathroom (yes, #1) and went to flush toilet and it started to overflow. I called front desk and asked for janitor or new room, and he said "IS IT REALLY THAT BAD??" UH.... yes, the toiled OVERFLOWED! It stunk so bad in the room, I was inhaling instead of using my smeller to breath. The beds were the cheapest bed I've ever seen. Got a new room, and it was worse! Smelled worse, and I had this creepy feeling there were cameras in the room. Weird holes in the wall and in the vents?? A weirdo janitor looking thru my window. It was all of 5 mintues I loaded myself and 2 kids and made emergency plans elswhere! This place needs knocked down. Would not recommend for sanitary or safety reasons to anybody!! I wouldnt stay here if it was free!

Sheila Wiley-Neff