“Good to sleep in”

Super 8 NAU Downtown Conference Center
Ranked #33 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I picked this hotel out based on the pictures - needless to say I should have known better based on the price - a nice place to sleep in, but don't expect oversized rooms. The pool was nice as well as the hot tub. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. The walls are thin and you can hear easily to the next rooms, so if you stop and stay request a room with no one on either side. Overall average but did the job.

Room Tip: If you travel with more than two kids this is not the place to go unless you get two rooms
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Super 8 NAU Downtown Conference Center

Reviewed 11 December 2011

We have stayed at quite a few Super 8's over the years. This one was very good. The room was a little more expensive then many Super 8's I've stayed at. But it's location near the Grand Canyon is probably why. Everything seemed to be a little more in Flagstaff. Our Destination was the Grand Canyon South Rim. I would of stayed even closer to the rim but the rooms were all over $130 that were near the park. Not much to say about the room just a typical super 8 and not bad.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Ill start by saying that im easy to please, but this place was better than i had expected. Normally i imagine Super 8's being slightly crappy places, but this was actually pretty nice. Especially in their front lobby. wow. Really nice actually.

This Super 8 was a life saver AND was an awesome value. As I am terrible at planning ahead, I found myself in flagstaff late at night with no place to stay. Lucky me, i managed to pick up a cheap room here at the last minute.

The price was cheap. The room was super clean, and the staff was awesome. Even got them to fill me in on good hang out places and bars. AND they have a pretty sweet pool/hot tub.

Location was pretty awesome as far as finding food, and there is a gas station right across the street. If you like to walk, I managed to walk back to the hotel from downtown. :)

The only negative that i can think of is that i didnt get to scope out the free breakfast! I love free breakfast... Next time... next time.

Room Tip: Stay in the rooms closest to the front. Its closer to the pool, front office, and gas station for fo...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2011

we have passed through flagstaf fregular on our twice yearly motorcycle trip to the usa but have never stayed here.unfortunatly we were having trouble with the bike in utah and were advised to get to the nearest dealer which was in flagstaff,by the time we got it sorted it was too late to set off that night,as this dealer was right next door to the super 8 we decided to give it a try.what a good find,very freindly guy on the front desk gave us the room we requested and nothing was too much trouble he was so helpfull directing us to shops and resturants local.the indoor heated pool and hot tub on the car park was so relaxing and the room was clean and comfortable,would stay here again

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2011

First I want to thank everyone who wrote in and called the health dept about the bed bug situation. Due to your follow up the hotel took action and our stay turned out OK.
I booked via priceline bids and was extremely sorry I did as I paid $125.00 for a room typically $70.00... Then I read about the bug situation and made several calls to priceline to no avail. However, when I spoke to the hotel they assured me that the bugs where taken care of and that the Dept. of Health had also checked them out.
We stayed the 26th with 2 rooms and both rooms seemed recently repainted and clean. All the fixtures were solidly on the wall and the front desk service was very good.
I would stay there again, only at the correct prices though....

Room Tip: Stay up stairs as those are the rooms seldom used.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2011

My family stayed at this hotel Aug. 12-14, 2011. We suspected bed bugs the first night but weren't sure. The second night we found several bed bugs in both beds. Also in another room family members were staying in (Room 138 and 139). The manager, Sarah was not helpful and did not want to talk with me. The owner, Pragna [--], would not return any phone calls. We did not get a full refund because we only physically brought the dead bed bugs to the office ONE NIGHT not two. I reported the hotel to the Health Dept. and am awaiting the results. My daughter had over 60 bites !!!! The owner could care less and brings shame to the Super 8 franchise. The corporate office customer service department was no help because they kept referring back to the hotel manager and owner. I'm a very disappointed customer and will think twice about staying at another Wyndham hotel and will definately NEVER stay at a Super 8 especially in Flagstaff, Arizona.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
RikeshPrema, Manager at Super 8 NAU Downtown Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

Dear Customer,

We apologize for the delay in contact. In regards to your comment, a health inspector and pest control have recorded documentation regarding the bed bug claims. No bed bugs were found in the premise, if you would like to review the documents please contact the hotel directly and either ask for managment or leave your email address to forward you the documents. We are pride ourselves in customer service and again apologize for the lack of, in your stay.

Management.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

The room was not very clean and second night the maid took one of the pillows and did not restock the towels, or coffee. Had to go to front destk and get supplies. Service was friendly, however 4 days after leaving hotel, I broke out in bed bug bites all over my body.

Room Tip: Check for bed bugs on mattress under sheets!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
RikeshPrema, General Manager at Super 8 NAU Downtown Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

Dear Customer,

We thank you for your feed back and apologize for the inconvience on your second night. Housekeeping will be notified and will be required a thorough check of the rooms for future guests.

In regards to the bed bugs. Health inspector and pest control both have recorded documentation regarding the bed bug claims. No bed bugs were found in the premise, if you would like to review the documents please contact the hotel directly, again we apologize for the inconvience of the matter.

Management.