“Better Than Anticipated” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Phoenix, AZ
“Better Than Anticipated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

I live in Phoenix and my good friend from Florida came out visit me. He wanted to tour some of the Arizona attractions including the big hole (AKA Grand Canyon). So I had booked a room with Super 8 at the NAU area for 1 night. At the time of booking, they offered an advance booking special for $62. I had looked at other hotels/motels in the area including other sister Wyndham properties and most properties were asking $100-$150 rates. I just needed a room for the night, I don't want to invest in it nor was I looking for any frills. I kept checking to see if more reasonable rates from other hotels came up, but nothing came close. So I just decided to stick with my Super 8 already booked. So we drove up to Sedona and visited there for a day, then drove up to Flagstaff for the night. I checked in and was greeted by the front desk agent Darren. He was very nice and made us feel welcome. He was able to answer our questions about eating out, visiting downtown Flagstaff, etc. When we checked in to the room, the room was surpisingly nice and comfortable. The room had coffee maker, refrigerator, and microwave which surprised me because my past experience with Super 8's is that they never offer refrigerator or microwaves in rooms. There was also a indoor pool and jacuzzi which surprised me also because many Super 8's I have stayed in past never had a pool. The motel also furnished complimentary breakfast. I have stayed at enough Super 8's in the past to know not to expect a huge amout of variety when it comes to breakfast. It's slim pickings with only cereal, fruit, and make it yourself waffles and toast. So no guest should expect more than this when they stay at Super 8s. The only complaint I have with the room was the the AC unit was a little noisy which was annoying. Also, I requested a wake up call and never got it. Luckily, I was already up before my call would have gone through. They also have coffee and juices avialable. The hotel is close to NAU, gas stations, variety of chain restaurants, and downtown area is only a few miles away. Overall, the property met my expectations and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

Extreme disappointment for the price! If it were a $40 to $60 dollar a night room I could understand but $150! The pictures are deceiving! The carpet was ripped. The counter top was stained. The curtains had stains on them. The pool was so cloudy you couldn't see your swimsuit! The carpet in our room was dirty. Do yourself a favor and pay the extra $50+ a night to stay in a nice room in flagstaff anything cheaper and this is what you will get!

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
super8flagstaffaz, Webmaster at Super 8 Conference Center Nau/downtown, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
Dear Guest,

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Flagstaff Downtown NAU Conference Center. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

Nothing special here, just a place to rest. The motel was very crowded when I was there. Not unusual for a motel relatively close to one of the premiere national parks in the country. Like many motels, the bathtub drains very slowly. The area where the continental breakfast is offered is much too small. The motel was sold out so there were dozens of guests crowded into a tiny space that could accommodate only about eight people.

Room Tip: Do not take a room in the corner. The vending machines, ice machine, and laundry are in the corner r...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Denver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

1 night was 1 night too many. The carpet turned our feet black it was so sticky and dirty. The phone didn't work, the cable would not screw into the TV, the tub faucet was not secured to the wall, the outlet behind the TV wasn't secured to the wall. The best part of the hotel was the night clerk.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

, Webmaster at Super 8 Conference Center Nau/downtown, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Dear Guest,

• The night clerk received our commendation for the way in which he/she treated you, our valued guest.

• Maintenance was informed of the non-working phone, the cable that wouldn’t screw onto the TV, the outlet behind the TV that wasn’t secured to the wall and the faucet that wasn’t attached to the wall. They were instructed to see to any necessary repairs or replacements.

Pomona, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

I stayed one night and that was enough for me. The pool water was foggy and the pool house smelt of wet dog. The bathroom towles smelled of smoke. Wet floor by the ac unit. Plus the internet didn'y work on my side of the hotel.The staff was helpful though, he recommed a great place to eat.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Marsha W
super8flagstaffaz, Webmaster at Super 8 Conference Center Nau/downtown, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Dear Guest,

• Desk staff received our commendation on the courteous, helpful manner in which he treated you, our valued guest.

• Management was approached about the fact that the internet didn’t work on the side of the hotel where you were roomed.

• Pool staff received additional training in presenting a proper pool area.

Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

very nice people at the front desk and thier very understanding about checking out late also Darren is very cool always polite.

Room Tip: rooms on the east side are better
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

Booked two nights 13th and 14th May 2012.
1st night people arrived to stay in room 109 next to us,two cars with 4 adults and at least 20
Boston Terriers, most of them where taken out of the cars in cages. We made Management aware of this, but nothing was done as they were still there next morning.
2nd day we left 7.30am for Grand Canyon, arriving back at 5pm to a room that we couldn't access with our cards and the room was not serviced.
When Management was asked why our room had not been cleaned, reply was "cleaner doesn't like going into rooms as some people apparantly don,t like it".
What a cop out-never ever has a motel room not been serviced anywhere you stay if you are
in the room more than 1 night. Isn't that what u pay for.
Also ice machine not working and staff have to keep running over to the gas station to supply ice. Maybe Management of this hotel should address these issues, staff are only doing the best they can under circumstances.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aussie249
super8flagstaffaz, Webmaster at Super 8 Conference Center Nau/downtown, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Flagstaff Downtown NAU Conference Center for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you felt that while there were some problems while you were there, the staff was doing the best they could under the circumstances.

• Management was approached about the large number of dogs that were brought into the center. We talked about ways in which large numbers of dogs could be best serviced without bothering fellow valued guests.

• Maintenance was reminded of the broken ice machine and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.