“Not Impressed”

Motel 6 Flagstaff West-Woodland Village
Ranked #55 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I read the online reviews, which were very positive and stopped for a night here. I wasn't impressed. I've stayed at far nicer Motel 6's. Our tv remote did not work and there wasn't any remedy for it. The beds were awful and uncomfortable. There was no free wifi and billboards leading into Flagstaff advertised free wifi at another Motel 6...but we passed that one up based solely on some reviews read here. We'd figured they might all have free wifi. This one did have a pool although it was closed...and rightly so since we'd arrived in a snowstorm. It is very close to Walmart and an Ihop as well as other dining choices. I'll pick a different Motel 6 next time we're in Flagstaff. The previous ones we've stayed at in Flagstaff were much nicer.

Room Tip: Be careful of rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors because the elevator is in one corner only and not con...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

This place is a dump, so called "no smoking room" ha-ha, the room smelled so bad the beds and pillows smelled like a dirty ashtray, had to pay extra for Wi-Fi, then it didn't work, tried to call the service number, for over a hour, no one answered, the desk clerk was very unfriendly and started back talking me when i asked for another room, because the sheets were dirty, the walls strained, the bathroom was not clean, still had the stains in the toilet, The clerk made no effort to try to find another room, and had NO respect for others, then tried to charge us $10 more than the quoted price, WARNING, stay away from this place

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank whig650
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is a nicely remodeled property. The front desk personnel were very friendly. Restaurants/grocery were next door & right across the street in this very safe area. A movie theater was only a half mile away. I did receive two prank calls that woke me up just before 3:30am. Also, the television remote did not work properly. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Staff was great.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Reggie G
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The hotel or Motel is way too close to the freeway. Lots of traffic and way to much noise. Apparently the rooms are not insulated very well. Very small hard pillows and no blankets. The lady on duty in the morning was very nice and very helpful. It is difficult to get to the hotel. The hotel is near IHOP and a Walmart. You get what you pay for at this hotel. It is pet friendly and no fees were added to my final bill.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Great value for our money. Trip advisor alert best 6 in flagstaff.
10 hrs on the road we go to check in and 5 stars to Cleavland he understands my need for sleep..
Modern Clean room 14 hrs later we awake refreshed. Went to front desk to thank them and met Bonnie she gave us Sedona info for picknick lunch at park. Pic Inc. This is a nice 6 property it shows form the outside to the staff they seem to have pride in this place they should. Many thanks to Bonnie and Cleavland. See u for spring training 2015

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank oldscottydog
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Nice room, clean, pet friendly. Room was remodeled and was a reasonable size and comfortable. We like the direct access to our vehicle, which was parked right outside our room. Motel is conveniently located across the street from shopping center with grocery store, restaurants and Walmart. Nice quiet room, seemed like a safe location. Staff was helpful. Best Motel 6 we have stayed in, will return on our next trip to Flagstaff.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LuckyUsFromAZ
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Definitely the nicest Motel 6 I've ever stayed at. I love that they are remodeling all locations. It was very clean and spacious. Our dogs stayed free. I felt safe. The outdoor area wasn't gross or grungy as I ran into with a different remodeled Motel 6 I stayed at. From what I could see online, this definitely seemed like the nicest of the different Motel 6's in town. There was a great grassy area in the middle and all around for walking the dogs. I have no problem with the mattresses. They are thin, but I like a firm mattress. I was very comfortable. Staff was friendly. The only downside with Motel 6's is that they don't provide any extras like soap/shampoo or a hair dryer. But I was sure to bring my own, so it was okay. I'd stay there again. The price was so very inexpensive!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family