“A few hiccups -”

Motel 6 Flagstaff West-Woodland Village
Ranked #51 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Fiirat, let me say the staff was the saving grace of this review....we had a few hiccups. On arrival, we checked in and had to call the hotel desk twice to have the sheets/pillows changed as the linens were dirty. About a couple of hours later, my daughter went to take a shower and we had no hot water. When we called the desk, they said the plumber had been there for about 2 hrs so they were anticipating it working later that evening.
We went to dinner and when we returned we still did not have hot water. When we called we were told the morning. No hot water in the morning and when we checked out they were saying the plumber had been contacted again.
We were given a full refund - and the staff was great the whole time. This was their saving grace.
I would have made it a 4/5 if they had let us know when we were checking in that there was the problem with the hot water.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this motel on our way back from California. Upon arrival we are informed that there is no hot water and there won't be for the next few days. However, they gave us a 50% discount because of this so we couldn't complain to much. We reserved a non-smoking room about a week earlier and were informed upon arrival that they only had smoking rooms available so that was annoying. The bed was uncomfortable and the 3rd story walk way was slanted. However, the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating to the best of their ability. They had our extra pillows ready as we requested and the air conditioner worked well. Overall, would have been a much better stay if their hot water worked and reservation promises were kept.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here for the 3rd night of our NJ to CA drive. Great price, staff was nice, place was clean—it did the trick. As with both of our previous stops, we just wanted a place to crash after a long day of driving. Our criteria for hotel stay on the trip were that the place be clean, safe and comfortable. Costing less than 50 bucks doesn't hurt either. If you understand what you are paying for and you want a clean place than you should have no problem with this hotel. Have never stayed in a Motel 6 before but this one looked like it was recently renovated and had the laminate (fake hardwood) floors which we liked a lot better than carpeting. Shower was a bit cramped but it's fine.

It's right across from a shopping center with a few restaurants so in addition to being exactly what we were looking for to crash for the night, There was a Buffalo Wild Wings which was perfect because it allowed us to watch the NY Rangers playoff game. This Motel 6 was perfect for us.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed one night while traveling I-40. This hotel was updated and I do like the new rooms. They have better showers and I like the fake wood floors over carpet. We had our dog, which is why we picked Motel 6, and the floors take some worries away. The room was clean and the front desk lady was very nice. The negatives are that the towels are so thin and like sandpaper. The beds are short. I'm 6'3" and my feet were hanging over the edge. It is real close to I-40. Overall I'd stay again for the pet friendly hotel at a fair price that we were in for around 8 hours.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Another person made the reservations for this motel, or I would never have chosen to stay here (based on reviews). Although the hardworking staff were friendly, and the rooms were clean enough, the beds were terribly uncomfortable, the common areas were very dirty, and some of the other guests were quite noisy. In addition, a drunk passed out on the second floor landing! (To be fair, the manager immediately addressed the situation once she became aware of it.) Yes, it's cheap lodging, but I'd rather pay a little more for the comfort.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

If you watch Hotel Impossible and do the tests that Anthony does in the rooms, you know how to check the cleanliness of a hotel. The bed spread had stains on it and stunk. When the cleaning lady did the room, much to our horror, she put the SAME stained, stinky bed spread back on! The bathroom sink sprays water all over you if you turn it on too high, and it leaks from the back of the faucet. The headboards behind you where you sleep had dust on them. The shower is tiny, but has a nice light in the shower. The problem with that is the 1 screw missing and the other screw hanging from the light. It's a simple fix, people. The beds were hard and the pillows were so small and flat that they may as well not include them at all. The A/C is good but you can't adjust the height of where the air shoots. The room had no clock or telephone. We paid $80.00 a night for this dump and we weren't happy with anything in the room, except for the TV. We won't be staying there again.

Thank AZGreg11 .
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Location is great. Felt safe, even with the exterior doors. It is a older hotel, that they have modernized the rooms. Rooms are small, and of course no queen beds! Shower "stall" is very small. If you are a larger person, would ask about an ADA room if they have bigger showers. Didn't see anything dirty, but just had a "feeling". We were on the third floor facing Walmart, so was quiet. Might be a good idea to ask for this location, as the other side is on the highway. For what you pay, might want to check another place.

Room Tip: would ask for an upper level room, only because I feel safer that way when there is exterior doors...