“Find another place”

Ranked #53 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Find another place”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I have stayed in 100's of hotels through my life. This ranks in the all time bottom 5, easily. The front desk staff was friendly, but the rooms were awful. There was no linen service provided over our 2 day stay. Look at the photo of the tub - it says it all. I will never stay at another Motel 6 because they've allowed their name to be attached to their hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Lack of kitchen/fridge is a bit annoying.
Good central location that's handy for resturaunts, bank, supermarket etc

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank brycephillips
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I am a frequent traveler and have usually good experience with Motel-6 chain. They are known for low rates and no frills, but generally decent shape for short one-or-two night stays.

The Lucky Lane/Flaggstaff Motel 6 is by far the worst Motel6 I have ever experienced.

Absolutely the worst !

While the staff was cordial, they could not honor any request.

The bathroom was literally falling apart. The walls of the cieling were discolored, rotted and falling into the bath tub. The tub itself was crumbling, and porcelain was pealing off the tub.

The bathroon had numerous hairs from other guests, and was in desperate need of real cleaning.

The bedsheets were stained.
The pillows had hairs, either from the cleaning staff, or from previous guest, and extremely flat with no fluff.

I was on the thrid floor, and the elevator, although worked was very shakey and seemed likel to break down soon and was in need of dire maintenance.

The internet seemed OK, but does not allow VPN access. Don't buy it, if you need VPN. The cost was $2.99 plus tax for 24/hr. wireless access

I complained to manager and to Motel6 Coporate to no-avail. They only apologized.

Please avoid this hotel, until a complete renovation is done.

This is the worst ever Motel 6 in the chain I have ever stayed !!

Room Tip: Do not stay at the Motel 6 Flagstaff Arizona on Lucky Lane.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Rogelio214

Travellers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

PA
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I spent one night here becuase it was the cheapest room I could find. I got what I paid for (~$33).

The hotel staff was quick, friendly, and helpfull. They moved me to the 3rd floor per my request for something quiet.

The room was in bad shape. It was clean, but the comforter had holes in it, the fleece blanket was not clean, and the tub looked as if someone splattered white paint on it in some spots. There were signs of rust on some of the fixtures and no drain plug.

The wifi is not free, but I was able to pick-up the neighboring Ramada's signal for free.

The outside of the hotel was pretty dirty too.

Also, this hotel is on a busy road. THe traffic dies down at night, so it wasn't an issue for me.

The positives are that it is close to I40, and you can take a very short drive (or walk 10 minutes) to resturuants, Walmart and a few other places. Obviously the price is attractive.

If you are on a budget or doing a short stay, this place will likely work. But if you want luxury or even an average room, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank T P
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We are definitely not used to fancy hotels, and we don't mind some wear and tear, but this was beyond nasty! Where should I start? The hair strewn all over the sheets, the military blanket that seemed to be a sad remnant of World War II, the used wet towel with hair on it hanging over the shower curtain rod? We decided not to make an issue about any of these quite disgusting matters, as we were in Flagstaff to enjoy the great outdoors and we were not in the mood for drama... However, when we checked our bank account and realized that Motel 6 double-charged us for our stay, we had to make an issue! Of course, when we called demanding a refund for the overcharge, they played stupid and acted as if there was nothing wrong. What dodos... Fortunately, our bank took care of the issue and Motel 6 on East Lucky Lane rightfully earned yet another bad review!
Every other Motel 6 we have stayed at was immaculate, not this one though... I'd much rather sleep under a bridge than stay there again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elena D
Wauseon, Ohio
Reviewed 31 May 2011

A good Motel 6 experience. I'm glad I didn't read these reviews before staying there. I think they have updated it since many of these reviews, our mattress felt brand new, and everything in the room looked modern. We were there over a holiday weekend and the room was clean, quiet, everything worked, and they even left two complimentary bottles of water. They made a mistake with our reservation but fixed it and gave us a discount for it. For those travelers who regularly stay at Motel 6's, this is as nice as most. You are paying $39 for a motel room... if a dirty elevator, some smudges on the door jambs, and some shower lining peeling bothers you, perhaps you need to spend the extra money for the Courtyard or something. For the rest of us.. and for the price... this place was great.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Cuenca, Ecuador
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Concluding a full day's travel and having no reservation, I was given a third story room. Normally, I would have balked at such a room assignment (I don't have good balance walking down stairs). The saving grace that clinched the deal for me was the one elevator. If worked fine (if a bit on the noisy side) and minimized the steps to this weary traveler's room. Few Motel 6 locations have an elevator. This one does, and is very helpful to those on the upper floors. It's located towards the front desk, but even so, it is not that far away from the rooms on the opposite end of this rectangular lodging. A doable situation should you stay on the third or fourth floor.

The room: typical Motel 6 with carpet (a good thing for footing, considering the rainy/snowy weather that May day) and a real tub (no shower cubicle). Flat screen LCD television with the standard Motel 6 channel lineup, which includes ESPN and HBO. Everything worked and appeared to be clean. No mold, mildew, bedbugs or other housekeeping deficiencies. Mattress was in firm condition and pillows were standard, so I used two pillows to lay my head - the common situation when I'm at a Motel 6. I couldn't hear my neighboring guests through the walls or ceiling/floor.

Heating and air conditioning are individually controlled at the unit by the window. The heating worked well for my stay.

The remodeled Motel 6 motels sport a new wood type flooring and the shower cubicle. I'm hoping for the safety reasons I've already mentioned they don't put in the wood flooring at the next major remodel. A tub is also my preference, as I find the shower cubicle to be on the small side. Tubs seem to be disappearing from Motel 6 with each new major remodel of their properties, so enjoy the tub while it is still offered here.

I knew the railroad was within a few blocks of the motel, but didn't hear anything from the trains. Being a deep sleeper is an advantage here, of course. Several past experiences in other motels along the eastern part of Route 66 in Flagstaff have shown me that railroad noise can be bothersome, even for me. Not so with this motel. Yes, it is by Interstate 40. Even so, no obvious noise from the Interstate.

A real plus for this motel is its location on Lucky Lane, which caters to travelers. Lots of other motels nearby, and Denny's, McDonald's and Taco Bell are nearby, as is Sam's Club for fuel. I find the location here quite handy, and think you will too. I was also comforted to observe a wide variety of different license plates from the US and Canada, which tells me this Motel 6 is catering to travelers, and not one night stands with its accompanying crime. It looked as though a lot of the rooms were booked the night I stayed.

Normally I don't comment about what other travelers review, especially when it's concerning a lodging. I'm making an exception here. On this return trip, I didn't have the luxury at looking at TripAdvisor to make a booking, and just getting home with minimal expense in relative comfort was my overall goal. I was rather surprised to see so many very negative ratings for this motel. My experience staying here was worry free and with no complaints. If it is true there is still a problem with maintainance and housekeeping, my guess is it might be with the first and second floors. The check in desk clerk remarked to me those are the rooms that are given to those with reservations and/or early arrivals and are occupied more often than the third and fourth floor rooms. So keep that in mind. I'd rate this particular location on a par with Grants, NM (room) and Kingman east, AZ (location and neighborhood). See my past reviews of these motels for details. Kind of a hybrid between these two.

Bottom line: would Underdog steer you wrong? Go check this place out. If I had a good night's stay, I think you can do likewise.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo