“You get what you pay for”

Motel 6 Flagstaff East - Lucky Lane
Ranked #55 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 25 July 2012 via mobile

This motel worked for a middle of the night, drove all day sleep. $54 for 2 full beds. The front desk clerk was nice.

It was clean enough to use. There was dirt around the door. Mold around the bathtub. Bottom of the tub was gross. A/C smelled of mold.

The parking lot was nasty. Rust on metal. Debris everywhere. Elevator need a good cleaning. Exterior needed tons of work.

This Motel 6 was located along a long hotel strip. In retrospect, we should have gone to one of the many others.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed 16 May 2012

After spending one night at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites on Route 66 (they were TERRIBLE), we couldn't take it anymore and decided to stay here. We got a 3rd floor room for somewhere around $40, and crashed here.

The room was absolutely nothing special. Everything in it was old and on the worn side (except the mattress, pillows, and sheets - those were fine). However, everything was clean and worked well (which was pretty much all we wanted for an 11pm-8am overnight stop). There was an elevator to get to the 3rd floor. Slow and noisy, but it worked.

Overall, I would much rather stay here again than at some of the "bargain" places along Route 66. If you're only stopping to sleep overnight, it does it's job great!

Room Tip: We had a basic room on the 3rd floor - it was clean and not gross.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I have stayed in 100's of hotels through my life. This ranks in the all time bottom 5, easily. The front desk staff was friendly, but the rooms were awful. There was no linen service provided over our 2 day stay. Look at the photo of the tub - it says it all. I will never stay at another Motel 6 because they've allowed their name to be attached to their hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Lack of kitchen/fridge is a bit annoying.
Good central location that's handy for resturaunts, bank, supermarket etc

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank brycephillips
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I am a frequent traveler and have usually good experience with Motel-6 chain. They are known for low rates and no frills, but generally decent shape for short one-or-two night stays.

The Lucky Lane/Flaggstaff Motel 6 is by far the worst Motel6 I have ever experienced.

Absolutely the worst !

While the staff was cordial, they could not honor any request.

The bathroom was literally falling apart. The walls of the cieling were discolored, rotted and falling into the bath tub. The tub itself was crumbling, and porcelain was pealing off the tub.

The bathroon had numerous hairs from other guests, and was in desperate need of real cleaning.

The bedsheets were stained.
The pillows had hairs, either from the cleaning staff, or from previous guest, and extremely flat with no fluff.

I was on the thrid floor, and the elevator, although worked was very shakey and seemed likel to break down soon and was in need of dire maintenance.

The internet seemed OK, but does not allow VPN access. Don't buy it, if you need VPN. The cost was $2.99 plus tax for 24/hr. wireless access

I complained to manager and to Motel6 Coporate to no-avail. They only apologized.

Please avoid this hotel, until a complete renovation is done.

This is the worst ever Motel 6 in the chain I have ever stayed !!

Room Tip: Do not stay at the Motel 6 Flagstaff Arizona on Lucky Lane.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Rogelio214
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I spent one night here becuase it was the cheapest room I could find. I got what I paid for (~$33).

The hotel staff was quick, friendly, and helpfull. They moved me to the 3rd floor per my request for something quiet.

The room was in bad shape. It was clean, but the comforter had holes in it, the fleece blanket was not clean, and the tub looked as if someone splattered white paint on it in some spots. There were signs of rust on some of the fixtures and no drain plug.

The wifi is not free, but I was able to pick-up the neighboring Ramada's signal for free.

The outside of the hotel was pretty dirty too.

Also, this hotel is on a busy road. THe traffic dies down at night, so it wasn't an issue for me.

The positives are that it is close to I40, and you can take a very short drive (or walk 10 minutes) to resturuants, Walmart and a few other places. Obviously the price is attractive.

If you are on a budget or doing a short stay, this place will likely work. But if you want luxury or even an average room, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank T P
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We are definitely not used to fancy hotels, and we don't mind some wear and tear, but this was beyond nasty! Where should I start? The hair strewn all over the sheets, the military blanket that seemed to be a sad remnant of World War II, the used wet towel with hair on it hanging over the shower curtain rod? We decided not to make an issue about any of these quite disgusting matters, as we were in Flagstaff to enjoy the great outdoors and we were not in the mood for drama... However, when we checked our bank account and realized that Motel 6 double-charged us for our stay, we had to make an issue! Of course, when we called demanding a refund for the overcharge, they played stupid and acted as if there was nothing wrong. What dodos... Fortunately, our bank took care of the issue and Motel 6 on East Lucky Lane rightfully earned yet another bad review!
Every other Motel 6 we have stayed at was immaculate, not this one though... I'd much rather sleep under a bridge than stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple