“Nice, Clean KOA”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flagstaff
Flagstaff Grand Canyon KOA
Alabama
“Nice, Clean KOA”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We stayed here briefly for one night before heading to Grand Canyon. Stayed in a teepee and loved it. It was very room and something our girls (12 and 14) will never forget. We camp in tents a good bit, so staying in a teepee was not that out of the ordinary for them. They rented the pedal go-cart things and had a blast. Bathrooms clean. Gift shop had everything you could need.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank M P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We arrived and the staff was rude, didn't seem to care that the KOA.com site was wrong about their description of it. No pool/whirlpool like the KOA.com site describes it. This was a problem for us because we had picked it based on exercises that I need to do everyday that are best done in the pool, to keep my mobility, so we were disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ahj_12
In the mountains
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We had never stayed at a KOA before, and as a last minute end of summer trip we decided to book one of their cabins, which for younger kids worked best for us. They have some good amenities for families, we met another family that stayed in the cabin right by us and our kids hit it off instantly, we hung out w/them for our time there and had a really good time. It was clean, staff was friendly, we were able to bring our dogs which was nice. My husband & I didn't sleep real great due to the beds being rock hard, but maybe we'll just bring more blankets next time but loved our lil porch w/swing & bench and there's also a grill right outside, would probably go back again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 6 September 2012

1). Staff is unfriendly and just plain RUDE.
2). location is too close to the main road, lots of traffic noise.
3). Cramped / Small Sites.

Sometimes I can overlook #2 & #3 when there is a nice friendly staff.. but with this place, look somewhere else to stay. especially of you have children.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Paul T
Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 August 2012

As regular KOA-Kabin dwellers, we feel we can compare. This KOA had a cabin that was slightly bigger than others, which was very nice. What was strange, however, was that our cabin faced another cabin, so that when sitting outside, you were forced to look your neighbours in the face, constantly. This is something I find very annoying.

The campsite itself was pretty crowded, and as an RV or tent guest one didn't seem to have much private space. The washing facilities were great, the showers and restrooms a little under average.

The staff at the reception area were efficient, to put it nicely, but not very friendly. The guy who came to clean the cabins was a very friendly person, though.

All in all it was okay, but certainly not the best KOA we've ever stayed on.

Martinez, ca
Reviewed 28 August 2012

When I first drove in my initial reaction was that it wasn't that nice; old and tired. We stayed one night and were placed close to a main road so had road noise throughout the night. In the morning we were awakened by the garbage truck which emptied the big dumpsters at 6 am in the morning. Then at 6:30 workers at the Koa flipped the large lids of the dumpsters making loud booming noises that woke our daughter who asked if bombs were going off.
The bathrooms are clean and there is a dump station and propane filling site which we were looking for. The kicker is that in the morning my husband asked me to pay at the office. I went in to pay and was greeted by a less than cordial woman. I said I was there to pay and I gave her my sight number. She was short and rude and said it would be 14 something. I was expecting to pay a greater amount so asked if we had paid for the site already. She was very short and condescending and acted as if I was a complete idiot and bother to her and as I was waiting for her to look into our charges she proceeded to say " You are staring at me" I was pretty surprised and stunned by her overall rudeness.
Unfortunately I cannot recommend this KOA since my husband and I have experienced much nicer camping spots , of which some have been KOAs.

2 Thank Diane J
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Really enjoyed the weekend up in Flag and away from the heat in PHX. Just bought a travel trailer and this was the first experience with it.

The KOA is all the way on the east side of town, just a 1/2 mile from the Flagstaff Mall. When you pull in, the owners greated me and check in was a breeze. Got the map and headed to our spot.

The spot was nowhere near level, but that's ok. Lesson learned on what I need to help battle that problem in the future.

I really have nothing else to complain about.

The people on both sides of us were great, one couple in fact that we now call our friends.

My 2 year old daughter LOVED the playground and the splash pad and bounce house.

When you live in PHX and it is around 150 degrees in August, all you want is some relief and to be outdoors.

The KOA beats the hotels for that reason alone.

Showers, bathrooms clean. Plenty of pine trees and trails close by.

I doubt you will be dissapointed if you camp here.