Flagstaff Grand Canyon KOA
US$185
Comfort Inn Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$140
ComfortInn
Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$137
Sonesta ES Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$173
Highland Country Inn(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$98
La Quinta Inn & Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$143
Days Inn & Suites East Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$106
Budget Inn(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$89
Travelocity
Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$189
Hotels.com
Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$143
All reviewsfull hookupsrv sitesgreat campgroundcamp storetravel trailercamp kitchengrand canyonnational foresthiking trailsclose to townpine treesquiet at nightfire pitroad noiseroad triplaundry facilitiesthe staff was friendly and helpful
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We stopped here last month on our way home from a trip! Upon pulling into the facility a man in the vehicle behind us became very inpatient and rude! The staff heard him speak inappropriately towards us for no reason! He was potentially intoxicated and extremely belligerent! Despite ignoring him he continued to be a irate towards not only myself but the staff! He then claimed that he would be bringing in a lot of business to them despite this they refused to allow him to stay on the property because of his behavior! It was a very uncomfortable situation but they handled it perfectly! Our stay was wonderful the kids enjoyed all the amenities and our site was easy for us to pull into with a 40 foot motorhome towing a trailer with a Jeep! We plan to stay there again very soon! It is a bit snug getting in and out but with a little RV experience it's absolutely doable!

Room Tip: When making a reservation with a large rig just talk to the staff and they will make sure and get you into a spot that is easy to pull into
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Autumn C
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I have stayed at dozens of koa campgrounds and generally find a acceptable level of service.
However the koa flagstaff is an exception. I booked a pull thru rv site with water and power, what I got was a tent site. There was no water on the site. So I was required to run a fifty foot water hose thru the center of the site to connect to water on another site. I thought that the campground had provided the water hose but when I return late in the evening . I found that the hose had been disconected and I was told to buy a fifty foot hose from the camp store.

The site was no wear near level and sloped over a foot from the front to the back of the site and over six inches from side to side.

The wifi service was terrible and would come on and go out every few minutes. It would take over a half an hour just to open a email.

It appears this koa has never heard of the Americans with disabilities act as none of their bath rooms or other facilities are accessible to someone with a disability ( I am mildly disabled).

In short stay somewhere else if you have a rv.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank GSmith1976
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We spent a week here. The location was perfect for all of our activities. There are issues with the campground sites but the website described them well and they offered blocks to help level. It was worth it to be at the base of the mountain. When I made the reservations the staff was very friendly and did share lots about the campground. This was not true of many of the people that were there. What we did not know what that this campground is used by large international groups that come thru for a night or two. Lots of partying – the management did little to fix it. We were right next to the bathrooms and had noise all night long. When we tried to address this with the staff we were told the group was warned but really there was nothing they could do about it. The website had mentioned lots of kids activities – when we asked about them we were told they did not have the staff nor could they afford to do them every day (some they never did at all). Every time I went into the office the attitude was that I was bothering them. When I asked about the late check out (which I paid for) the staff would not even speak to me. The office staff did not seem to care. They parked their cart in the middle of the road blocking all ways in and out of the main entrance. At one point there were six of us waiting on the cart to move so we could get in or out. When I asked to have it moved I was told he was busy and would get to it eventually. I did speak with (who I think was) the manager about my experience and some of the reasons people were leaving. The response I got was “99% of the people here don’t care about anyone else but themselves.” This person was burned out – came across as angry. They need to get out of the office and go meet with the families that are staying there. We met wonderful people that shared food, stories, and help. I did try to follow-up with the manager again after I returned home – with no response. My family will go back to the KOA Williams next time.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank NShaver
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This was our second visit in 8 days. We have stayed here many times on trips out of town to distant locales or visiting Northern AZ. Most visits have been uneventful even though the campground is tightly packed. Last week we reserved a spot for today and were shown a specific location where we would stay. Upon arriving we were assigned a different spot that was too tight for our RV + tow vehicle to turn in to, plus the sewer and water/electric were on opposite sides. After much wrangling, we were able to fit into the site and then discovered the anomalous hookups. After explaining that 1) this was not the site we paid for and 2) we could not have a full hookup without the sewer going upstream, we demanded to be placed in our original location. The person at the counter agreed we had been assigned another site but "tough". No one at the facility was willing to help resolve the issue.

We are experienced RV'ers, and have stayed at KOAs across the US and Canada. We will not be stayin at the Flagstaff KOA again.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank jgoff5455
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We stayed at KOA Flaggstaff/ Grand Canyon in late may after driving down from the Grand Canyon. After paying the overpriced fee, we pulled into our designated spot. The spot we were given was poorly marked with arrows pointing left and right. The spot to the left had chairs and hose on ground. Assuming it was taken we took the arrow right. After all hook ups done and in bed... We were awoken at 1030pm, by another trailer demanding the spot. We had to wake up, drive around the campground in pitch black, clear the site next to us and re-hook in there.

The next morning when explaining the situation, the Manager Response was "It is my campground and I don't get confused about the site markings".... Not even sorry or we apologize for the inconvenience....

I was shocked by this response. We have been camping for 2 weeks, 1500 miles, from Yellowstone to Phoenix. Throughout the whole trip we have had no problems and no "confusion" until we arrived here.

The KOA Flaggstaff/ Grand Canyon Campground was our last overnight stop. It was a pity that such a wonderful vacation had to have a sour ending.

Avoid this campsite at all costs!!!

There is a wealth of campsite options in & near Flaggstaff (along route 89 & Route 66). Stay their for friendly customer service and avoid getting woken up in the middle of the night.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends