“Great place...”

Ranked #28 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Voghera, Italy
“Great place...”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We spent three nights here. This hotel has 3 floors, we were at first floor.
Room was clean and comfortable (maybe a little small). Free parking.
Good breakfast and 24-hour coffee/tea/hot chocolate.
We used this location as a base for visiting Grand Canyon and Monument Valley. For these things this accommodation is highly recommend.
Nice staff.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank bonny3000
Fairfield_Flagstaff, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Greetings Bonnie3000,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide a review regarding your recent visit with us. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast & coffee/tea station. Please do think of us again for any future Flagstaff visits.

jordanm@swhm.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
England
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was very disappointed with this Fairfield Inn. My prior stays at Marriot branded hotels have always been of a certain standard. This hotel completely lacked. It was like a budget hotel. The rooms were very small and the bathroom was tiny. You had to enter from outdoor corridors like a motel style location. I asked reception if they could freeze my ice-blocks (every other location we have stayed in our 2 month trip could do it if we did not have an in-room freezer) and I was given a curt "no we cannot do that for you".
I would not stay here again. We had stayed 2 nights at the Courtyard Marriot but they could not accommodate us for our last night so we choose the Fairfield Inn. First and last time I am afraid!

Greetings Saramarsdenille,

Thank you very much for providing feedback regarding your recent visit to Flagstaff. Unfortunately, we failed to meet the expectations of what a Marriott experience should be. I am embarrassed to hear that a loyal Marriott customer such as yourself had the experience you did. Please note that the experiences you had will be discussed with the proper departments. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance in booking future reservations down the line. Thank you very much for taking time to address your visit.

jordanm@swhm.com

Travellers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Roanoke, Texas
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in April for 4 nights. The biggest plus is that the hotel is centrally located if you want to travel to the Grand Canyon, Sedona or the Meteor Crater, etc.

Issues we had: 3 times the hotel maids/cleaning staff did not replenish the coffee in our room. I had to go to the front desk to get coffee. I would have thought that they front desk personnel would have reminded the cleaning staff to be sure to restock the rooms. When getting back to the hotel on our last night we found that the maids had not cleaned our room. The bed was unmade and we were not given clean towel. Cleaning a room is hotel basics 101. When I told the front desk personnel the first question they asked was if we had the do not disturb sign on the door, which we did not.

The bed was hard and not very comfortable, the rooms had thin walls. Thankfully the hotel was not very busy, so the sound from neighbors was not too bad. On the days when the hotel was fuller, the hot water didn't seem to last quiet as long. The rooms are small, but if you are only staying for one night, I guess it's okay. This is an older hotel and many of the rooms open to the parking lot as opposed to within the hallways of the hotel.

The front desk staff was nice, courteous and helpful in finding directions however they didn't seem to address the problems with the maid service/cleaning staff.

All in all, I would not recommend this hotel, despite the reasonable price and location. There are a number of other hotels nearby including other Marriott hotels.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Greetings Susan B,

Thank you very much for providing feedback regarding your recent visit to Flagstaff. Unfortunately, we failed to meet the expectations of what a Marriott experience should be. Please note that the experiences you had will be discussed with the proper department manager. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance in booking future reservations down the line as we ask for the opportunity to serve you again. Thank you very much for taking time to address your visit.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Rooms are always clean, service is always fast and friendly, and breakfast is always hot. I try to stay at the Fairfield while in Flagstaff depending on availability. I am always very happy with my stay here and enjoy coming back. Plenty of places to eat and shop nearby.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Fairfield_Flagstaff, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Greetings AL_Crimson_Tide_RTR,

Thank you very much for your review, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you during your next trip to flagstaff.

Fairfield Inn by Marriott Flagstaff
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is certainly not a five star hotel, but not suppose to be. It looks to be a cheap chain design layout, but with Marriott taking over, it is a nice place to stay though. We spent three nights here and were pleased with our choice. The room was nice and the staff was friendly. Breakfast is good with sausage and eggs along with the standard continental breakfast offerings of breads, yogurt, cereal, and juice. We were on the 3rd floor with the room entry inside, so that was a plus. The first two floors are all entry from the outside, which makes me think it was not built as a Marriott property. Again, not a top notch hotel, but a good place to stay without any of the cheap brand issues.

Room Tip: Ask for the 3rd floor to avoid having your door on the outside of the building.
1 Thank Captbigguy
Greetings ArkieFlyGuy,

Thank you very much for your review and for sharing some information about our hotel with the other TripAdvisor readers. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and your stay over all. We hope to see you during your next trip to flagstaff.

Fairfield Inn by Marriott Flagstaff
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

My family was excited to stay in this hotel because it is in good location and it looks pretty outside. However, when we went inside our room it looks like a super 8 motel room the only difference is they have better beddings and pillows. Their breakfast is not as good too. So, we're very disappointed and not worth it on the price.

• Stayed May 2014
Fairfield_Flagstaff, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Greetings tobhezo,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality you deserve. We are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Fairfield Inn Marriott - Flagstaff
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We spent the night here for my daughters graduation. When I booked the room I thought $169 is a lot but I booked it because all other hotels in the area were full and I booked it in Oct. The staff was very nice. We got there early and my room was ready. The room is small and bathroom very small, but it was clean. That was very important to us. The free breakfast was nice, more than I expected. When I got there I saw signs Welcome NAU parents. I asked do you give a parent discount, they said no. I'm thinking give the parents a break college is expensive enough. I would stay there again but not for the price. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant even though there are some close by, wish they had one The room should be $80.00 at best. But all in all it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, we didn't hear much noise from the other rooms. Are room was located...
Greetings Sandra,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Flagstaff. We actually do offer an NAU Parent Rate discount. Unfortunately, during graduation week here in Flagstaff, the rate is unavailable due to high demand. Please do contact me in the future if I can be of assistance in any way.

Fairfield Inn Marriott - Flagstaff