“Nice option” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Flagstaff

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Baymont Inn & Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #27 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
“Nice option”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom had a great shower. The free breakfast was more than enough and quite tasty. I would stay here again if I return to the Grand Canyon area.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RMM113
Fairfield_Flagstaff, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hello RMM113,

Thank you for the gracious words regarding your recent visit with us. We are glad that you enjoyed the spacious and comfortable accommodations. Please do think of us again for future Grand Canyon visits!

Fairfield Inn by Marriott - Flagstaff
(928)830-6806 ext 780
jordanm@swhm.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
DIZZYLSF
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms are very small and cramped. As an Elite member I thought I would have gotten a better room. I received a handicap room,which is no problem, except here. The roll in shower is so poorly designed everytime you shower the entire bathroom floor gets wet. Thus a drain in the center of the bathroom floor. Dirty floor, hair in the nozzle of the shower head,and just hazardous with a wet bathroom tile floor.

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
1 Thank DIZZYLSF
Fairfield_Flagstaff, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Hello DIZZYLSF,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality you deserve. We are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Fairfield Inn Marriott - Flagstaff
(928)773-1300 ext 780
jordanm@swhm.com

Travellers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is definitely a place to just sleep 1 night and continue your trip. The rooms are facing outside to the parking lot and construction is not very solid. Breakfast was limited and the place was packed very early. Compared to other Marriott that I have visited during this trip, this is the most humble one. Lightning features are not nice, and the ambiance could easily be improved. Check in and Check out though was fantastic.

Room Tip: If you are a Marriott frequent guest, be prepared to visit the lower end of the brand chain. The gap...
Green Features: Nothing in particular. None. I haven't noticed any. Sorry
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Greetings Denis K,

Thank you very much for providing feedback regarding your recent visit to Flagstaff. We appreciate our guests taking the time to express the pro(s) & con(s) regarding any given stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance in booking future reservations down the line or if you would like to discuss your recent stay in more detail. Thank you very much for taking time to address your visit.

Fairfield Inn by Marriott - Flagstaff
(928)773-1300 ext 780
Austin, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Okay, we were passing through on the way to Los Angeles, figured this would be a good way point to stop and visit the Grand Canyon the next day as there are no properties in Tusayan.

Was $129/night which was a nice price for the area.

Arrive to find outdoor corridors, that is not really what I would expect of a Fairfield Inn, that is what you would expect from a motel. Then, on the second day I found out that the third floor has really nice indoor corridors. Was too tired from hiking the Grand Canyon to switch that late at night.

The room has been "upgraded" from motel room status with things such as granite countertops, but there is little attention to detail (for instance there are gaps at the side, etc...) The bathroom is very small.

The worst problem is the breakfast situation. The eggs are runny, it is way overcrowded, and my wife found out that the butter was bad. Seems they just leave it out in an iced pan, but I guess at the end of the breakfast they just re-refrigerate the leftover butters, which means if the butter was at the top of the pile, it has the potential to go bad. The margarine seemed fine, I guess the preservatives prolong the shelf life.

They really need to renovate the breakfast area, maybe add onto it. It is really small and cramped, I didn't like it.

The pool/hot tub area seemed nice, but we never got to use it. The landscaping is nicely done.

I don't recommend booking this hotel, but if you do, make sure you stay on the third floor.

Room Tip: Third floor has indoor corridors, first and second floor have outdoor corridors.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Fairfield_Flagstaff, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Greetings crazyAustin,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your visit. We apologize for failing to meet the expectations of the Marriott experience. You mentioned the outside corridors. We actually are the original Marriott Prototype. Only few properties still exist with the Generation One set up that we offer. Thank you voicing your concern with the items we provide for breakfast. I assure you that all items are up to proper brand & health standards. Please feel free to contact me if I may be further assistance.

Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I really dislike outside rooms. But even more than that I really hate finding out the hotel has them once I get there, which was the case here. After checking in I threw my bag on the bed and went to a dinner meeting. However when I came back I realized the 3rd floor has inside rooms so I asked to be moved. They hemmed and hawed but finally agreed.

I’m not a huge fan of the Fairfield franchise because I feel I get a better room from another at the same price but I wasn’t in control of the booking this time. I thought the bed was very uncomfortable and the bathroom was a bit small but useable. I didn’t partake of the breakfast so I can’t comment on that. But the room had a low-end feel to it yet the price was very steep.
Even with all that I will say that the location was convenient and the room was clean. However I wouldn’t stay there again.

Room Tip: If you don't like outside rooms request a room on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hello NaomiBTravelin,

Thank you for the remarks regarding your recent visit to Fairfield Inn Flagstaff. We apologize that you were not expecting to see a property with outside corridors. Our property is one of the original Fairfield Inn hotels. In fact, our property is the original prototype for the Fairfield brand. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you with one of our third floor (inside corridor) rooms. Once again, thank you for your feedback regarding your visit.

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

This was the second time I've been to a hotel and the carpet felt slightly soggy. I wore shoes throughout. The room was much too small and uncomfortable for 4 adults. The bathroom felt like it was in the rim itself and it also didn't have a fan so use your imagination. We didn't have noise issues except we could hear the neighbor's shower very loudly. The building itself wasn't old. It was just very plain.

The service desk people were all friendly. The only unfriendly staff was the short dark haired lady at breakfast. She was unpleasant. I kindly asked for Bananas and she gave me all this attitude about working alone. I get it. That would be difficult but I forgot my mind reading machine that day. She was rude to my wife and me yet joked and laughed with the other guests. Odd. Breakfast was breads, pastries, individual milk and Yogurt, instant oatmeal, fruits, frozen waffles, powder eggs, boiled eggs, sausages, and cereal

It was OK for one night but my guess is all the hotels are the same in the area. Demand is high so there's no reason to go all out.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Greetings asdfboost,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent visit to Flagstaff. I apologize for the service experienced at breakfast. Please note that the situation has been handled with the employee you encountered. I am sorry that the condition of the carpet in your room was substandard. As the Summer season is our peak time of the year, we tend to run at full capacity generally seven days a week. Please note that our housekeeping staff is in the process of doing bi-yearly deep cleaning of carpeting in our rooms. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of further assistance. Once again, thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn, Flagstaff.

Operations Manager
Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

With a late start from Los Angeles, it seemed I would get only far as Flagstaff as I made my way east. So I checked into available Marriott properties - my chain of choice during my many travels. Three Marriott options popped up: a Courtyard (no free breakfast), a Springhill Suites ($219 a night), and a Fairfield Inn for $149. Rarely disappointed with the Fairfield brand, I elected to save the $70. It wasn't worth it.

You see, this Fairfield Inn may wear the Marriott marquee but it most certainly doesn't earn it. Start with the most basic fact: it is a motel and not a hotel. You know, the good ol' fashioned kind where every room entrance is outside either facing the parking lot or a small railed outdoor walkway/balcony. No inside hallways to be found other than the lobby and a stairwell or two.

With that "motel" quality comes cheap, stiff beds; thin walls; and thin floors. Who knows what the guy is doing above me - either herding elephants or marching with his band. Either way, it is percussion I could live without. Oh yeah, and my room also butts up to the stairwell so I can hear the pitter patter of baby elephants all night long.

Now it DOES have decent-looking furniture, a nice flat screen TV, a small fridge, and a microwave. As with most older motels, the rooms are small and the bathrooms even smaller. It would appear those bathrooms were updated, so they look nice even if there is barely any room in them.

Alas, all that is for naught when your room positively reeks of cigarette smoke (sore throat and sore sinuses within minutes) and the bed is so hard. Throw in the stomping from above (marching elephant band) and at the head of my bed (marching elephant band groupies running up and down the stairs) and this will be a night to remember.

Bottom line: DO NOT let the Marriott signage fool you into expecting the usual Marriott experience. Figured I could whip up some popcorn in the microwave to offset the cigarette stench (even burning it would smell better) but alas, this place doesn't even offer the usual snacks and drinks for sale by the front desk - a first for me in my hundreds of Marriott visits. So I hauled my fat butt across the very busy street to Circle K. Don't get me started on that part...

Spend the extra $70 for the Springhill (it's nice as I stayed there once before - sold out tonight) or find one of those genuine motel experiences along nearby Route 66. Don't settle for the basturd child of a Marriott and Fred's Discount Park & Sleep Motel (NOW WITH FREE AIR CONDITIONING!). And yes, I had to misspell that rather innocuous word so that my post will be considered.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank y2kgts
Fairfield_Flagstaff, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Hello y2kgts,

I apologize that you did not find your stay as being satisfactory. I do not make any excuses about our shortcomings but yet I take every comment very seriously to make all guests feel content and comfortable. Yes, our property happens to be one of the older Marriott's around. Our property always has actually been a Fairfield property. In fact, our property is a prototype for the Generation One, Fairfield model. Although we may have exterior corridors & smaller sized rooms, our staff is exceptional at assisting in any matters. Please do think of us again for future visits to beautiful Flagstaff.

Operations Manager