“Great front desk”

Ranked #27 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
Arizona
“Great front desk”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I was surprised that the front desk remembered me from my stay at the 1st part of June this in the middle of August. I walked in and was greeted by my last name and they had a room ready for me for an early check in. I was impressed. I love this place to stay because it is so convenient for my hikes and Grand Canyon visits. A great stepping off place. I have stayed at the other Marriott places here and my place to stay is the Fairfield. The hot tub and pool faces Mt Humphrey and the San Francisco Peaks and is so refreshing to unwind after or before a hard hike and be able to acclimatize to the altitude. They have the normal quick breakfast but serves the purpose to get up and hit the trails. Rooms are small but serves me will. I always stay on points and have never been denied a room. Unlike some other chains up there that says no black out dates but deny you a room thru other ways. (Holiday Inn Express). The other bad reviews some others have given I do not believe they are warranted. I to am an Elite Member but I don't think I should be given a special room and just bad mouth a property. Remember to always tip house keeping! Those guys work hard and have to clean up after us and let's help them out!

Room Tip: A room on the ground floor by the pool if you like sitting in the hot tub then a quick dip in the po...
Green Features: I don't really care about this stuff it all is hipe
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank ozzyosborn
Fairfield_Flagstaff, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Greetings Ozzyosborn,

Thank you for allowing us to serve you during your stops in beautiful Flagstaff. Please note that reading your comments at our staff meeting this morning just made everyone's day! Please do not hesitate to contact me for any future travels you have our way!

jordanm@swhm.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom had a great shower. The free breakfast was more than enough and quite tasty. I would stay here again if I return to the Grand Canyon area.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RMM113
Fairfield_Flagstaff, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hello RMM113,

Thank you for the gracious words regarding your recent visit with us. We are glad that you enjoyed the spacious and comfortable accommodations. Please do think of us again for future Grand Canyon visits!

(928)830-6806 ext 780
DIZZYLSF
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms are very small and cramped. As an Elite member I thought I would have gotten a better room. I received a handicap room,which is no problem, except here. The roll in shower is so poorly designed everytime you shower the entire bathroom floor gets wet. Thus a drain in the center of the bathroom floor. Dirty floor, hair in the nozzle of the shower head,and just hazardous with a wet bathroom tile floor.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank DIZZYLSF
Fairfield_Flagstaff, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Hello DIZZYLSF,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality you deserve. We are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Fairfield Inn Marriott - Flagstaff
jordanm@swhm.com

Travellers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is definitely a place to just sleep 1 night and continue your trip. The rooms are facing outside to the parking lot and construction is not very solid. Breakfast was limited and the place was packed very early. Compared to other Marriott that I have visited during this trip, this is the most humble one. Lightning features are not nice, and the ambiance could easily be improved. Check in and Check out though was fantastic.

Room Tip: If you are a Marriott frequent guest, be prepared to visit the lower end of the brand chain. The gap...
Green Features: Nothing in particular. None. I haven't noticed any. Sorry
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Greetings Denis K,

Thank you very much for providing feedback regarding your recent visit to Flagstaff. We appreciate our guests taking the time to express the pro(s) & con(s) regarding any given stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance in booking future reservations down the line or if you would like to discuss your recent stay in more detail. Thank you very much for taking time to address your visit.

Austin, TX
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Okay, we were passing through on the way to Los Angeles, figured this would be a good way point to stop and visit the Grand Canyon the next day as there are no properties in Tusayan.

Was $129/night which was a nice price for the area.

Arrive to find outdoor corridors, that is not really what I would expect of a Fairfield Inn, that is what you would expect from a motel. Then, on the second day I found out that the third floor has really nice indoor corridors. Was too tired from hiking the Grand Canyon to switch that late at night.

The room has been "upgraded" from motel room status with things such as granite countertops, but there is little attention to detail (for instance there are gaps at the side, etc...) The bathroom is very small.

The worst problem is the breakfast situation. The eggs are runny, it is way overcrowded, and my wife found out that the butter was bad. Seems they just leave it out in an iced pan, but I guess at the end of the breakfast they just re-refrigerate the leftover butters, which means if the butter was at the top of the pile, it has the potential to go bad. The margarine seemed fine, I guess the preservatives prolong the shelf life.

They really need to renovate the breakfast area, maybe add onto it. It is really small and cramped, I didn't like it.

The pool/hot tub area seemed nice, but we never got to use it. The landscaping is nicely done.

I don't recommend booking this hotel, but if you do, make sure you stay on the third floor.

Room Tip: Third floor has indoor corridors, first and second floor have outdoor corridors.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Fairfield_Flagstaff, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Greetings crazyAustin,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your visit. We apologize for failing to meet the expectations of the Marriott experience. You mentioned the outside corridors. We actually are the original Marriott Prototype. Only few properties still exist with the Generation One set up that we offer. Thank you voicing your concern with the items we provide for breakfast. I assure you that all items are up to proper brand & health standards. Please feel free to contact me if I may be further assistance.

Jordan Mauck
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I really dislike outside rooms. But even more than that I really hate finding out the hotel has them once I get there, which was the case here. After checking in I threw my bag on the bed and went to a dinner meeting. However when I came back I realized the 3rd floor has inside rooms so I asked to be moved. They hemmed and hawed but finally agreed.

I’m not a huge fan of the Fairfield franchise because I feel I get a better room from another at the same price but I wasn’t in control of the booking this time. I thought the bed was very uncomfortable and the bathroom was a bit small but useable. I didn’t partake of the breakfast so I can’t comment on that. But the room had a low-end feel to it yet the price was very steep.
Even with all that I will say that the location was convenient and the room was clean. However I wouldn’t stay there again.

Room Tip: If you don't like outside rooms request a room on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hello NaomiBTravelin,

Thank you for the remarks regarding your recent visit to Fairfield Inn Flagstaff. We apologize that you were not expecting to see a property with outside corridors. Our property is one of the original Fairfield Inn hotels. In fact, our property is the original prototype for the Fairfield brand. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you with one of our third floor (inside corridor) rooms. Once again, thank you for your feedback regarding your visit.

Jordan Mauck
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

This was the second time I've been to a hotel and the carpet felt slightly soggy. I wore shoes throughout. The room was much too small and uncomfortable for 4 adults. The bathroom felt like it was in the rim itself and it also didn't have a fan so use your imagination. We didn't have noise issues except we could hear the neighbor's shower very loudly. The building itself wasn't old. It was just very plain.

The service desk people were all friendly. The only unfriendly staff was the short dark haired lady at breakfast. She was unpleasant. I kindly asked for Bananas and she gave me all this attitude about working alone. I get it. That would be difficult but I forgot my mind reading machine that day. She was rude to my wife and me yet joked and laughed with the other guests. Odd. Breakfast was breads, pastries, individual milk and Yogurt, instant oatmeal, fruits, frozen waffles, powder eggs, boiled eggs, sausages, and cereal

It was OK for one night but my guess is all the hotels are the same in the area. Demand is high so there's no reason to go all out.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Greetings asdfboost,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent visit to Flagstaff. I apologize for the service experienced at breakfast. Please note that the situation has been handled with the employee you encountered. I am sorry that the condition of the carpet in your room was substandard. As the Summer season is our peak time of the year, we tend to run at full capacity generally seven days a week. Please note that our housekeeping staff is in the process of doing bi-yearly deep cleaning of carpeting in our rooms. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of further assistance. Once again, thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn, Flagstaff.

Operations Manager