“Good deal”

Ranked #42 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
San Diego
“Good deal”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is a cheap and friendly budget motel located fairly close to the center of Flagstaff. Even though it's right on route 66 the rooms were quiet, the bed was comfortable and we got a good night's sleep before hiking to the top of Mt. Humphreys the next day. Our room had a huge flat screen TV, fridge and microwave. There was an ice machine and the staff were super friendly. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Springhill, Louisiana
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Booked the room because it was inexpensive and we just wanted a place to lay our head. When we arrived I was so surprised. we had the cutest room with updated bath. The bed was very comfy and clean. The staff was very nice and takes pride in his place. how could you ask for more...historical,clean,inexpensive and on "Route 66"

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The L Motel is a modest property in easy walking distance from downtown Flagstaff and it's restaurants. The staff was very friendly, my room modest but clean with a renovated bathroom, the bed comfortable.
Easy walking distance to the downtown restaurants and bars made it easy to leave my motorcycle parked in front of my room for the night.
Would definitely return.

Room Tip: close to main road, so consider ear plugs if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We needed an inexpensive place to stay to go to the Grand Canyon Park and we found this place. The location is great, to start with: near downtown Flagstaff. Many options to eat nearby and close to a Barnes & Nobles store. The rooms are simple, but they were clean and there was everything we needed: heater (because in one of the days we stayed, it snowed), a/c, comfy bed, shower with hot water and good water pressure. The breakfast is good too, but the best is the staff. Everyone is very nice and they go out of their way to make you feel 'at home'. The only negative point was that between my room and the next door, there was only a locked door, so we had to keep quiet and also we could hear the next door room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CarolCha
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The first room I was put in117 had pervious water damage causing mildew and mood which I am very allergic to. I was in the less than a half hour before my throat became sore and started to close. I went to the office staff and they gave me a key to room 106. It was too small with no fridge. They key 109 which I took seeing how it was 6pm and I didn't want to look for another hotel. I stayed since it is close to downtown and the clubs one can walk to. When I got back to the room and laid on the bed I noticed the ceiling was full of dust bunnies. Gross. the 46 inch TV did not work properly and the shows on it were all half the size of the TV. Why bother having a large TV if the programs are small? When I used the up and down channel button it did not go in sequence and took away most of the channels. Very frustrating. The bathtub did not fill with water for a bath. The paint was chipped and discolored in parts. The heater when turned on smelled like burnt hair. I will not recommend people to stay here until more rennovations take place.

Room Tip: Don't stay in 117
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kara C

Travellers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 13 April 2014

At $42 tax included this place was a good deal. Minimal train noise. Clean room. New flat screen tv, a microwave, and fridge. Was a great place for a town night on our car camping trip. Friendly staff. The coffee was good and the breakfast was bagels, bread, and some doughnuts etc. Seems to be a real find when looking at reviews of other spots in Flagstaff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
San Diego, California
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Dont judge a book by its cover, it was in a quaint area of town. It reminded me of the old motor inns and we were pleasantly surprised. Large spacious room with upgraded bathroom, with great water pressure. Everything was clean and smelled good. The owners were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family