“A big ripoff...what a disappointment”

The L Motel Flagstaff
Ranked #44 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Flagstaff
Reviewed 18 February 2006

I saw a coupon for $20.00 dollars for this motel and called to see if it had the high speed Internet access they advertised. They did, so I moved into the room around 8:30p that night and got settled in only to find the PHONE DID NOT WORK and I needed to make an important call AND I COULD NOT GET A SIGNAL FOR THE WIRELESS INTERNET. I went to see if the manager was available and I had to knock several times. Finally he answered the door and said HE COULD DO NOTHING ABOUT THE PHONE OR THE INTERNET but he did offer his phone to me, but I did not want to make a private phone call in his living quarters. So I went back to the room to get a good nights sleep. I crawled into bed only to find THE BED WAS AS HARD AS A ROCK AND I FELT LIKE I WAS SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR. My shoulders ached when I got up the next morning.

So, that morning I went into the office to talk to the manager about the total dissappointment this room offered, because I did not want to stay the second night and all he said was WE DO NOT OFFER REFUNDS. I had infortunately made a reservation for the second night not knowing it was going to be such a miserable experience. So begrudgingly, I checked out of the motel after much pleading, and was charged for the two-night stay.

When I saw the bill on my bank statement I called and spoke to the manager again and he was extremely stern in his statement "WE DO NOT GIVE REFUNDS!!" and I could not believe he did not care that I did not receive what the motel promised. What ever happened to customer service??? Beware of the Parkside motels in Flagstaff, AZ.

• Stayed: February 2006
16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 27 January 2006

First we unknowingly made resevations, believing the ads online -what a mistake! We arrived tired from a long drive with reservations, we had to wait outside in the lobby for 10 minutes while the rude unfriendly receptionist talked on the phone completely ignoring us. Finally she showed us a room - it was awful - run down, dirty furniture mini sized bath- for very skinny people only - maybe 12 inches between sink and moldy shower wall. We said we wanted one of their "renovated rooms" (as declared in the ad). Then she insisted they were full and this was the room we reserved. We were so tired we just went to the room. There was no lock, anybody could open it!!! The sheets were dirty, the in-window air conditioner didn't close and just let in cold air. There was no heating in DECEMBER!!! The light was held together with duct tape, there were two small old grungy looking towels, no hand towels and the water just didn't get hot. There were strange people walking around the parking lot and looking in the cars. We were so afraid, we left. This place is definitely not worth going to - there are plenty of very nice reasonable motels in Flagstaff.

• Stayed: December 2005
18  Thank Tucson_Girl
Reviewed 24 December 2005

Don't stay here - not fit for a dog. Dirty and cold. The staff was so unfriendly we left and did not get a refund. This place is not worth any amount of moey - not a bargain for sure. Should be taken off the online hotels sites.

• Stayed: November 2005, travelled on business
18  Thank Travelmaus
Reviewed 17 October 2005

Where to start. I'll just keep it short. Dirty towels, bathroom doors don't even shut the door just doesn't fit in the door jam, bathroom filthy, breakfast fowl and then there is the train noise. The man who seems to run the place is the rudest person we have ever met and beware of the electical problems. We travelled from Australia ans saw some wonderfull sites and hotels at a budget price but this place should be inspected and closed down. WHAT A DUMP.

• Stayed: October 2005
17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 October 2005

This place is just horrible...absolutely horrible. The rudeness and arrogance of the staff was terrible. They "lost" my reservation which was a lie since I made reservations 2 months before through priceline. I called 2 weeks before heading to Parkside to request a non-smoking room with 2 beds...they said it was fine and good. I showed up tonight and the front desk guy asked me who I made a reservation with and I replied priceline. He then told me he was booked solid and had no more rooms left. I then asked him to look up my confirmation since I had all the printouts of the confirmation with me and he refused. I asked how this happened and who do I get the refund from...he said its not his problem and to get the refund from priceline. Then he went into the side room and shut the door. This side room has a one way looking glass so he could still see me in the lobby and I could only see a mirror. He watched me while I called priceline to dispute this problem. Priceline confirmed that the reservation was completed and confirmed by the motel. Priceline also asked me for the name of the guy in the front desk and I knocked on the door of the side room and no answer so I had to bang on it till he came out. I told him I needed his name...he asked me why and then refused to give me his name. After that...I did not see him again all night. I had to find another room on my own after hours of driving and I was exhausted. Please pass on this one...they will sell your room to someone else right in front of you if offered a higher price...even when you have a credit card reservation and confirmation.

Stayed: October 2005
20  Thank Magdavondahl
Reviewed 18 September 2005

We stayed in the downtown motel (there are two) and would not recommend. We had to buy earplugs to have a chance of sleep as trains whistle past ALL NIGHT LONG!!!! The room was small and dark, the lock on the door might as well not have been there and the bathroom was a joke. It was so small you had to turn sideways and crawl over the sink to get into the shower. We had one small towel each (no handtowels) and these looked like they had seen better days a long time ago. Breakfast was bread (with a toaster available). Parking was cramped. Plenty of other nice places to stay in downtown flagstaff for the same rate.

• Stayed: September 2005
22  Thank AmandaNL
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 16 September 2005

The worste hotel that we saw in 21 days-trip in USA.
Reserved a double room for 44$, occupied room; asked 64$ without possibility of choice. Threats from the desk to calling police if we do not pay.
Very disappointed.
Not recommended.

I suggest: "do not came in that hotel".

Stayed: August 2005