“Worst Experience of my traveling nightmare”

The L Motel Flagstaff
Ranked #41 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Ohio
“Worst Experience of my traveling nightmare”
Reviewed 6 June 2006

Unlike the other review that I read, I did like the people who ran the hotel. Other than that this really was a nightmare experience.

The hotel advertised highspeed internet. The room they gave me I could not get internet and when I asked about that I was told to walk my laptop over to the office so I could connect to their network there. I actually did that out of desperation one night, only to find another traveller sitting there on HIS laptop conversing with a[---] woman on her webcam. This is no lie!

That room had an air conditioner OR a refrigerator, depending on which cord you wanted to plug the into the only outlet capable of reaching. Remember this is Arizona! So no refrigerator.

The television worked but the top half of the screen came in dark blue and the other half rainbow colored. There was no remote.

They were doing construction. So you woke up every morning early to the sounds of hammers, drills and people knocking on your door asking you to move your car so that they didnt get stucco on it.

Believe it or not, it gets worse...

After two nights with no internet access, they moved me to a room right next to the office, which DID have a working tv and a remote. But no phone. honestly, NO PHONE in the room whatsoever.

In addition the clearning people STOLE some of my possessions. And this time, more drilling, more hammering, more knocking on the door.

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE experience. You couldnt pay me to go back.

• Stayed May 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank ECalypso

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 25 May 2006

This is the worst place I have ever stayed. Very rude people run the place. If you look at the reviews they are all on target...except the couple five star ratings that they had to of put in themselves. Dont take a chance on this place..move on to the next hotel.

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Reviewed 27 February 2006

We from Sweden and room was horrible after train ride. Manager is rude, smelly, unfriendly and aggressive. Stay away from this rip-off. Breakfast was cold. Intranet was malfunctioning with our room. We could not find out amtrak schedule to LAX so we had to walk in cold but was not easy on buzy road. The rooms are damp, cold and dirty, the sheets looked dirty. The doors don't have locks and there was not any of the reported facilities. Stay away cheap and dirty.

• Stayed February 2006
13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 February 2006

I saw a coupon for $20.00 dollars for this motel and called to see if it had the high speed Internet access they advertised. They did, so I moved into the room around 8:30p that night and got settled in only to find the PHONE DID NOT WORK and I needed to make an important call AND I COULD NOT GET A SIGNAL FOR THE WIRELESS INTERNET. I went to see if the manager was available and I had to knock several times. Finally he answered the door and said HE COULD DO NOTHING ABOUT THE PHONE OR THE INTERNET but he did offer his phone to me, but I did not want to make a private phone call in his living quarters. So I went back to the room to get a good nights sleep. I crawled into bed only to find THE BED WAS AS HARD AS A ROCK AND I FELT LIKE I WAS SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR. My shoulders ached when I got up the next morning.

So, that morning I went into the office to talk to the manager about the total dissappointment this room offered, because I did not want to stay the second night and all he said was WE DO NOT OFFER REFUNDS. I had infortunately made a reservation for the second night not knowing it was going to be such a miserable experience. So begrudgingly, I checked out of the motel after much pleading, and was charged for the two-night stay.

When I saw the bill on my bank statement I called and spoke to the manager again and he was extremely stern in his statement "WE DO NOT GIVE REFUNDS!!" and I could not believe he did not care that I did not receive what the motel promised. What ever happened to customer service??? Beware of the Parkside motels in Flagstaff, AZ.

• Stayed February 2006
16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tucson
Reviewed 27 January 2006

First we unknowingly made resevations, believing the ads online -what a mistake! We arrived tired from a long drive with reservations, we had to wait outside in the lobby for 10 minutes while the rude unfriendly receptionist talked on the phone completely ignoring us. Finally she showed us a room - it was awful - run down, dirty furniture mini sized bath- for very skinny people only - maybe 12 inches between sink and moldy shower wall. We said we wanted one of their "renovated rooms" (as declared in the ad). Then she insisted they were full and this was the room we reserved. We were so tired we just went to the room. There was no lock, anybody could open it!!! The sheets were dirty, the in-window air conditioner didn't close and just let in cold air. There was no heating in DECEMBER!!! The light was held together with duct tape, there were two small old grungy looking towels, no hand towels and the water just didn't get hot. There were strange people walking around the parking lot and looking in the cars. We were so afraid, we left. This place is definitely not worth going to - there are plenty of very nice reasonable motels in Flagstaff.

• Stayed December 2005
18 Thank Tucson_Girl
Reviewed 24 December 2005

Don't stay here - not fit for a dog. Dirty and cold. The staff was so unfriendly we left and did not get a refund. This place is not worth any amount of moey - not a bargain for sure. Should be taken off the online hotels sites.

• Stayed November 2005, travelled on business
18 Thank Travelmaus
Reviewed 17 October 2005

Where to start. I'll just keep it short. Dirty towels, bathroom doors don't even shut the door just doesn't fit in the door jam, bathroom filthy, breakfast fowl and then there is the train noise. The man who seems to run the place is the rudest person we have ever met and beware of the electical problems. We travelled from Australia ans saw some wonderfull sites and hotels at a budget price but this place should be inspected and closed down. WHAT A DUMP.

• Stayed October 2005