“great customer service and worth the price!”

The L Motel Flagstaff
Ranked #43 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
Fort Wayne
“great customer service and worth the price!”
Reviewed 31 October 2010

We were travelling through Flagstaff and decided to spend the night there. This hotel had the best price and clean rooms. It is a not 5 star but decent rooms and the people at the desk were friendly and knowledgeable about the area.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Oslo
Reviewed 17 September 2010

Arrived late in the evening, and unfortunately did not check the room before booking. First we got a key to a room that was already occupied, not to comforting with regards to safety!

When we finally got a room, it was worn, filthy and the door did not close properly. THe door had obviously been forced at one point, the frame had been "fixed". We also had to kill a cochroach before we went to sleep in the worn and uncomfortable bed. Needless to say, we left this horrible place early next morning.

Travellers: Stay away!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

scotland
Reviewed 15 September 2010

Unfortunately , we paid for room before we had a look .Carpets were stained, bed was really small and pillow had stains. Ive rated this as the worst motel on our holiday. Only plus , is its within walking distance to town centre.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
hemet
Reviewed 19 June 2010

The hotel had stains on everything blood on the side of one bed, top of the fabric on a chair the lock on the door didn't make you feel that safe either. You pay $15 for a pet but that money definantly was not used for cleaning there was urine stains on the floor and walls as well and was not from my own dog who is housebroken. All night i kept hearing an odd noise coming from the wall were you would hang your clothes up lets just say i sat in the plastic office chair all night till morning so my mom could rest her legs from the drive , but come to find out she was barely able to sleep as well. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU KEEP DRIVING PAST THIS HOTEL AND STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE A LITTLE XTRA $ FOR A NICER HOTEL GOES A LONG WAY you will be wasting your money here plus continental breakfast my A*s the doors are actually locked until 7:30-8:00ish so if you need to head out earlier you will have to pick up something on your own and trust me we left at like 5 A.M. soon as the sunrises your out of there.

• Stayed June 2010
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 24 May 2010

Stay away from the Rodeway Inn's in Flagstaff. I reserved the room a week in advance and yet still didn't get the room I reserved. I was there after check-in time and the room was still not done being cleaned. So I came back 3 hours later and they wouldn't rent me the room because the guest the night before broke the handle (could you not have told me that earlier). So they said that there was another Rodeway Inn a mile down the road. I stayed there since I already had the reservation. However I asked for two beds and only was given a room with one bed and it feels like the room is going to fall apart.

• Stayed May 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 30 September 2009

I read an article once that said when something was really bad one word could sum it up ...WOW! So I had stayed at this hotel 3 years ago and it wasn't bad but it was convenient and the staff was wonderful. Unfortunately the hotel has sold and the new owners are ....well WOW. First - to understand I have 17 years in the travel biz and this trip was a command performance for my granddaughters 6 th birthday party. I booked this at work through Global Distribution System - Sabre months in advance so I got a pretty good rate. Upon check -in the owners daughter demanded to know which website I booked my reservation - after telling her I did not book it on a website - twice - she again asked me what website - at this point I don't understand why this is important and she isn't explaining it so I pulled out my business card and my IATAN card that shows I work for the largest travel company in the word and told her calmly that I booked it at work on Sabre and was there a problem. She then wanted my credit card without confirming the rate and I let her know that wasn't going to work for me I wanted to know what rate she was charging me - she initally stated that she did not know but finally when I told her no rate no card she gave me the rate.

The room was tiny but we didn't stay in it long - it had a fridge and a microwave and the bathroom was realatively clean.

For the money it was a great value however the level of customer service left a lot to be desired. Unfortunately in a small town like Flagstaff you have to behave much better than they did. Perhaps they should move back to Los Angeles where they can meld into the throngs but in Flag if you behave badly your business suffers.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 September 2009

This is an older hotel which recently has been renovated. The room I got was pretty small and hard to get around. Amenities were there (fridge and microwave) but overall condition of the room shows its age. Its right on Interstate 40 which can be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it (convinience versus traffic). However, the biggest issue I had was the noise from the nearby train - soundproofing needs to be upgraded, majorly. Also, for the breakfast, its barely there (3 items - bagels, donuts, and coffee). I didn't have a choice so I stayed there that night - for a little more, you probably will end up having a better night.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo