“Excellent pizza, but you better like being close to people”
Review of Pizzicletta

Pizzicletta
Ranked #16 of 357 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2014

It has been awhile since we were able to eat here (having kids does that), but we got away last night for a date night. We were seated at the main table (note that - there is one main table that 20 people can sit at) next to another group and across from some people my wife ended up knowing. If you are not comfortable sharing a table face to face with people you do not know, then you should ask for one of the railing seats inside or outside. Hopefully you don't mind getting cozy since you would really miss out on the food. We had the simple but wonderfully done salad dressed with olive oil, a bit of sea salt, chevre cheese, and balsalmic. We then ordered the Margherita pizza with an add on of prosciutto. Good balance of sauce and toppings with a brick oven crust (which means a touch of char). We then shared the homemade cinnamon gelato, which was excellent and a great finish.

1  Thank Brandon K

Reviewed 24 May 2014

My wife and I saw Pizzicletta's featured on Arizona Highways TV program so we had to check it out on our next trip to Flagstaff. The space is small and the seating is cozy. We sat next to the glass and watched them make our pizza. We were really surprised how quickly it was baked. That oven is so hot the pizza was cooked in just a couple minutes. The bottom of the pizza was done but the top of the crust seemed to be soggy and uncooked. We enjoyed the unique experience at Pizzicletta's, but we prefer the american style pizza across the street.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I went into this restaurant off the street and ordered a pizza with arugula and prosciutto. The crust was delicious; I watched it bake in the oven from my place at the small bar. The decor of the restaurant is cool. Bar and waitstaff were chatty with me, as I was by myself. The waitress suggested a basil-vanilla gelato, which was one of the best I've ever had. Very much recommended!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Tiny but amazing little pizza place. Cozy converted industrial space, communal seating, great artesian pizzas and excellent wine list. What's not to like.

1  Thank Malte S
Reviewed 28 April 2014

As, others have shared, the place is small. We had seats along a narrow counter, but decided to take our pizza to go because it was a little uncomfortable with 2 kids to try to eat there. The flavor of the dough was great, but the crust was soggy, it only took about 10 minutes between the time we got the pizza and when we ate it, so I'm not sure it would have been better if we had eaten it right away.