“Serves a great purpose”

Northern Arizona University
Ranked #16 of 108 things to do in Flagstaff
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Among other things, this is one of the country's premier colleges (among those not in the tribal college system) that serves many Native Americans. The support systems for them are solid, and on this visit I had a chance to meet some of the great folks who make the cultural climate so welcoming.

And the setting is also great. Though it can get hot here, the temperatures can't hold a candle to those you would get in Phoenix (where in the summer that candle I just mentioned would melt). With Sedona just south of town and the Grand Canyon an easy drive north, there are lots of places to tour when you really ought to be studying for that big political science exam.

There are newer reviews for Northern Arizona University

Reviewed 12 August 2013

As a Certified Organic Producer in the Sonoran Desert it was great to visit a cooler climate.
I was surprised to see such a state of the Art Green House operation on campus with an out door community garden. What a great place and the plants look like they were doing very well. NAU is a beautiful campus with great State of the Art facilities and the dorms were modern and looked very nice. It was the weekend and I didn't get to meet anyone. It was just a nice look around.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I love this little campus tucked away in the mountains of Arizona! It's a great location, and only about two hours from Phoenix. Flagstaff is such a great little town, and this is the perfect blend of weather, and the outdoors, to send your kids to get an education. With so many things to do outside year around, students should never get bored. The campus is a nice size, and it's easy to get around. I love the domed football stadium as well. Very unique and a great place to watch a game.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I visited the Northern Arizona University with my two sons, and I must admit I was pleasantly surprised. Everyone was really nice to us, and they really took the time to show us around the campus. Speaking of the campus, it looked really great, very clean and cozy. The classes are pretty small for a college, giving it a more intimate feel. We`ve also found out, from some people that go there, that the professors are very nice, and willing to guide you along the way. If you are thinking to go here, you should also consider the cold in the winter, as I heard it can get pretty though. Overall, I strongly believe that Northern Arizona is a place to consider, while deciding what college to attend.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I was very pleased with the campus and the town. I had a feeling of comfort and confidence. The school displayed a level of commitment that showed me they mean to do a good job. The town was a nice size and had plenty of amenities for young and old to enjoy. I liked how the town had an eclectic feel between old west and modern tech. It is a vibe I get from many small towns finding their niche in today's digital world. I found myself wanting to be in my students place. Not often I want to think that way. I would give the town and the school a solid B.