“Wow.. What a Great a Setting For a University..”

Northern Arizona University
Ranked #18 of 107 things to do in Flagstaff
Southern California
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Wow.. What a Great a Setting For a University..”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We drove around Northern Arizona University. The grounds are well kept and integrated into the forest. The school is modern yet it seems to fit into the community and the environment. The sports fields, the arena and stadium are large and up to date. This would be a great place to go to school.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank EdR2

Colorado
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Great school and amazing campus!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I am biased because I am an alumni but you can't get any better of a school than this. Great teachers, great courses and of course smack dab in the middle of Flagstaff. I have gone back a couple of times, most recently this past May, and they have changed a lot of stuff since my last visit in 2009 but they are for the better. There is a new parking garage that makes it easier to get to the library and bookstore.

Visited March 2014
Roseville, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nice university”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Very cool place. Not the greatest parking, but otherwise amazing! I loved all the brick buildings.....

Visited October 2013
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
1,084 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,919 helpful votes
“What should have been a good visit went sour”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We were looking forward to visiting NAU and their art museum for the first time. We got the times of the museum on the college's website, as well as a map and parking directions for the museum (park in the assigned spaces tnen go in an get the parking pass at the museum).
The students we met were very helpful in giving us directions--we parked in the museum spaces, went into the wrong building but students helped us to the correct building (the grand 1899 Old Main), found the museum which had a sign that it was closed that day. We were disappointed but did see their great RC Gorman sculpture. When we returned to the car we found that in the short time we were there, we had gotten a ticket for parking illegally! Obviously very angry, I called the parking department to complain that they did not follow their own procedures. He was very pleasant but told me I could appeal online which I said I would not do but he could resolve the issue for me.

Too bad this incident left a bad taste. NAU has a beautiful campus, a long history of education and friendly, helpful students. I am not sure I would return there.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Pnemiller
Honolulu
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Campus visit”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Visited 5 college campus' in 4 states. NAU was one of the nicest ones. I like how NAU deals with the safety of their students. The ease and access to the town is an extra plus. The only negative I had was it was darn COLD - especially for Hawaiian girls.

Visited March 2014