Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff
Ranked #43 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 11 July 2014

You should be ashamed to have this dump represent your motel chain. The curtains had holes in them, Got there at 5:00pm, rooms weren't cleaned yet. Office staff was very rude. Wi-Fi didn't work, she didn't care. Outlets in bath did not work. Breakfast was a half pot of regular coffee, a few stale donuts, fruit loops and no milk. Share a parking lot with an auto parts store. You need to shed yourself of this place, bad name for the chain

Room Tip: Don't choose any room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank curtieed
abviflagstaffe, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that a few small issues apparently detracted so much from your stay with us. We satisfy hundreds every month and are sincerely sorry that we could not satisfy you in this case. I hope you will reconsider and visit us again so we can show you the pleasant experience that so many others find every time they stay here.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 12 June 2014

good, bad and ugly.
Good---price and located near restaurants and downtown entertainment.
Bad-----front desk not friendly. Share parking with auto parts store. I forgot to give them my Best Value card at check in so I didn't get discount (my fault, but they also didn't ask for it).
Ugly--only had about a half of roll of toilet paper and no mattress sheet on one bed (we left note after leaving for room girl, but it was not done when we got back). Hotel on busy street, but noisy freight train across street. The "smoking area" was right outside our room---people milling around out there and we had to keep the curtains closed all the time.
These things were not major, but irritating---but the price (compared to others) helps.

Room Tip: pay a little more and get a better place---or do a bargain stay here--it could be worse. --join the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
abviflagstaffe, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m pleased that you liked the price of our rooms and our great location near downtown entertainment and restaurants. I’m sorry that a few small issues detracted from your stay. I also sincerely apologize that you didn’t find our staff as friendly as you would have liked. This is not an indication of how we usually do business.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

The room was average. Our curtains were not on all of the hooks and so allowed light in. The walls are thin, so you can hear neighbors and street traffic. The room is very dark, to the point where I thought there were only night lights available. There are 2 bulbs for the bathroom, but only 1 is lit. $20 fee for pets over 10 lbs. If you allow pets, I suggest having at least a patch of grass for them to go. The continental breakfast was toast, cereal, pastries, juice, milk, and coffee. I'd say the $38 rate is acceptable, but including the excessive pet fee, this stay is not worth $58.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Veronica L
abviflagstaffe, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to comment about our accommodations, our pricing structure and our continental breakfast. I’m sorry you experienced problems with your stay, including some lighting problems in your room. If we had known of these problems we could have probably moved you to another room so these could be repaired for the next guest. In any case, I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations and hope you will try us again.

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

When I saw the price of the hotel I though it would only be something on average, I was wrong. This place has very nice rooms, looked new and clean. Check in was quick and easy, and when I told him I didn't want to be close to the road, he happly changed the room fo me to a back location. Very happy all around with this visit.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank dannon18
ABVI_Flagstaff_East, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2016

Thank you for your positive comments, it does make us try harder when people notice. Our newly remodeled rooms would make most people pleased, so thank you for the comments. Thank you for allowing us to serve.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

My most terrible night ever!
Breakfast was like a joke, we skipped it... No help and no smile at all.
The cleaning ladies are very nice :) easy to park and also an experience we would like to easily forget.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ecofed
abviflagstaffe, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to comment about our hotel. I apologize that you experienced customer service issues during your stay and weren’t satisfied with the hearty breakfast we provide. I’m very sorry that we could not completely meet your needs during your stay. You didn’t mention any specific problems with the room, so I hope that was acceptable to you. That’s the most important thing. If there are any unresolved issues from your stay, please contact me directly.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We found this place driving into flagstaff late one night and they were really nice.
Room was really cheap and included an airconditioner, fridge, good shower and a large bed.
Checking out in the morning was easy and because its on route 66 its was easy to get away before sunrise.
Good washing and drying machine
Perfect for our purpose

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks, I am glad that we were able to meet all of your travel needs. I goes along way when people appreciate the services that we are able to provide. Please come back when you can, we would like that. Thanks.

Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Was a little afraid of what i would find when we booked the motel..the reviews were not great but i wanted a cheap motel and the price definitely fit the criteria. Overall a solid motel for a quick overnite stop. However, on the minus side it is close to the train tracks. Safety wise there is NO deadbolt OR chain..just the doorlock. Close to the highway. The staff seemed friendly enough and the room was clean but dated. Would stay there again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Boscan

Dear Guest,

Thanks for fairly reviewing our hotel. I apologize, however, that we could not more completely exceed your expectations. Yes, we are near train tracks, but there are few trains. We value guest security and believe we provide secure rooms in which guests feel safe. If there was a specific problem with the security in your room, we could probably have moved you. In any case, we appreciate having you with us at our clean, comfortable hotel and look forward to serving you again.