“ewww...”

Ranked #50 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Perth, Australia
“ewww...”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Due to transport delays and an early tour we lucky only stayed here less than 5 hours to shower and sleep. Carpet had a strange wet patch that never dried, bathroom looked as though it would fall apart, and it had an overall seedy vibe. On the plus side the beds were comfy and only a short walk to station... but I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jools505

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 26 May 2013

My son and I stayed at the Canyon Inn for a night last weekend. What a mistake. First, the room they gave us had the beds all messed up like they had been slept in. That should have been a warning to leave, but we got another room and it appeared ok, at first look. We went out for dinner and when we got back and went to bed my son had sand/dirt in his bed. When we looked closer there were a bunch of hairs, in both beds. Crap! I went to the office and told them we would be leaving and demanded a refund. The guy argued with me saying they would NOT refund and only change the sheets. What a jerk. This place is a joke. We slept in our sleeping bags own top of the beds and didn't take a shower because IT WAS DISGUSTING in the bathroom too. My next contact will be the Flagstaff chamber of commerce like previous reviewer mentioned and/or better business bureau but I doubt they are a member. I wish i had read reviews going back a month or two before staying there, recent ones that are positive must be the work of staff. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jerry H

Travellers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Monument Valley, Utah
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I stayed 3 nights at this excellent little motel opposite Northern Arizona University. The new owners, Laura and James, were most cordial and friendly and went out of their way to make my stay a pleasant experience. My room, with microwave and refrigerator,was clean, quiet and the bed was comfortable. A nice surprise was the pastry and fruit in the room. The continental breakfast was excellent, with good coffee, tea, donut holes, waffles, eggs, toast and more. I definitely will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Taylorville, Illinois, USA
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We had a very enjoyable stay at the Canyon Inn. This is a very nice place to stay in a good neighborhood and a great price too! They are working on remodeling the rooms, and we got one that had just been finished earlier in the week. They provide a nice breakfast in the mornings with cereal, waffles & fruit. Owners are friendly and outgoing people. We would definitely stay here again if we get back this way.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I think it is very important that this review be made to warn travelers before they book at this motel. I made a reservation early April for 2 nights May 9 & 10 - to attend my daughter's graduation at NAU. I made the reservation using Canyon Inn's website, received confirmation, and all appeared set. Tonight, less than a week from my arrival, I received a voice mail message from "Laura" First, Laura was very critical about the contact number I left her - In her words she stated: "I guess you should have left your cell number or home number and you should not have left my work number (which is my cell phone number); and Second, she stated: "I am sorry to tell you, you do not have a reservation on the 9th here. Your credit card was invalid, and the price somebody has given you is absolutely a joke." " It s not $49.95 b but $109.95 and the following night is $199.95 I am very sorry you choose to leave your work number". When I called back, she said her and her husband took over about six weeks ago, new managers/owners. I told her I had booked directly on line on their website and had a confirmation number, etc to prove it. She could careless. Luckily, I had the good fortune of telling her I had cancelled the reservation only moments earlier because I had double booked another hotel. Oh, did I mention my copy of the reservation on their website reflects my current and correct credit card number. Having lived in Flagstaff for many years, I know that price gouging goes on the week of NAU's graduation. The first call I make Monday morning is to the Flagstaff Better Business Bureau and look forward to playing the voice mail message for them!.The next call will be to the Attorney General's Office for fraud.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tambra T
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Made a 2-night reservation with James for a busy weekend a month in advance. Talked to the owner, James, and got a rate and confirmation number. Volunteered to give him a deposit and he said it wasn't necessary. Called today as a courtesy to confirm; prices have been increased by 25% and Gretchen (who claimed she was daughter of owner) was sure I was lying about the reservation and hung up on me. Said James was out of the country but when I called back he answered and said property is only available at the higher price. And then had the nerve to claim I was rude ... really?

AVOID AT ALL COST!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 2suzie
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Nice motel, right in town. Stopped for one night on a road trip. Would stay here again, and would like to spend more time exploring Flagstaff. The owners were very nice, the price was very good, and the room comfortable. They have free Wi-Fi, and are pet friendly without an extra fee. Looks like new owners that are fixing the place up. Hope they make a go of it. The price also included breakfast.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family