“Management was incredibly rude - hung up on me”

Canyon Inn Flagstaff
Ranked #49 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I made a reservation for the Canyon Inn through http://www.canyoninnflagstaff.com/ (powered by sellvel.com). I accidentally reserved the wrong date, and there was no contact given in my confirmation email beyond canyoninn501@gmail.com.

I called the Canyon Inn at (928) 774-7301 and explained my situation. The female proprietor was instantly rude and aggressive, telling me I had to call Expedia to change the dates. I explained I did not reserve through Expedia. She then insisted that I call Bookings.com. I then explained that I did not book through Bookings.com, and that furthermore I did not have a phone number on my confirmation (my only contact being canyoninn501@gmail.com). Then she became even more vicious telling me there was nothing she could do for me, and before I could respond she hung up on me (as she used very vulgar language about me in the background). DO NOT STAY HERE. THERE IS NOT ANY SEMBLANCE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank C G

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Most of the negative reviews have related to the owners, whom I would describe as scrappy. You might have either a good experience with them or a bad one. I found my time in the office was the only negative in my stay. The office smelled smoky, but our room did not. The owners each intoduced themselves, which a tad more personal than i expect or want. The price was right and the room terrific. Nice job of renovating. Colors, materials of a boutique hotel except for the comforter. Bed was great, pillows less so. We skipped breakfast, as it didn't entice us.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My wife, my daughter and Sandy(our dog) we like this motel a lot. The owners are very nice and for the price the rooms are surprisingly modern and well appointed. No room smells and very clean. We will definitely come back.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Onepen W
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was impressed with the personal attention and overall friendly way of being from both James & 'Mama'. I was very happy to meet Cooper. Having recently lost my dog, it was very special to me to have the priviledge to get a dog 'fix'. And the pillows were similiar to my own at home. Clean, attractive and appealling room. Biscuits and Gravy were great too. Would recommend to anyone going thru the area needing a place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kirsten B
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

The staff at this old classic Route 66 motel were extremely nice, helpful, & accommodating. The room was clean, simple, & had all the basic amenities. The room rate was very reasonable & walking distance to 3 breweries and few very nice restaurants.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay super friendly people. On the old Route 66. Older motel but completely renovated. The rooms are beautiful and very clean with all moden furnishings, wifi,HDTV and breakfast.Rooms are very reasonably priced. Looks like something out od a old movie but all new on the inside

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Morris M
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

From the first moment as we entered and met our owner/host we knew this was the spot for us. Inviting, clean & Convenient to all of the flagstaff activities. Rooms are styled in classic Route 66 yet with all the modern amenities. We will return

• Stayed: April 2014