“Ft Tuthill Military Museum”

Fort Tuthill Military Museum
Ranked #30 of 112 things to do in Flagstaff
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A Military History Museum in Northern Arizona located within the historic Ft. Tuthill county park. Our exhibits trace the history of the 158th Infantry Regiment from it's organization in 1865 as the 1st Regiment Arizona Volunteers to present day Afghanistan deployment of 1st Battalion 158th Infantry. Features include military artifacts from 1865, historic Ft. Tuthill, the 158th Infantry Regiment, "Bushmasters " story and Arizona's National Guard.
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Great things come in small packages. Wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit. She is a school teacher and I am a retired Marine currently working for the Army at Ft Sill, Ok. In our 27 years of active service we've toured a lot of great military museums. I have to say the amount of history displayed per squre foot at Ft Tuthill has to be the highest in the country. This museum packs a powerful punch of Arizona military history from mid 1800's through the present. The Soldiers of the 158th Infantry are proudly depicted as are our nation's contribution to world security and peace. Some directions posted are not quite right: The museum is located within Ft Tuthill County Park take exit 337 off I-17 to Park entrance and follow the signs. You will be glad you did.

1  Thank lawrence l
"fairgrounds"
"bushmaster"
"artifacts"

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I went to a small museum today and was very impressed with the display that showed the history of the 1st Arizona Infantry/158th Infantry. The displays included many artifacts from 1865 through present day and included some items I have never seen before and I am a museum nut, so I have seen everything from small local museums to the Smithsonian in Washington, DC. So if you are in the Flagstaff area and want to see a real jewel, you've got to see this.

1  Thank Dan K
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We live here in Flag. and I kept viewing the FTMM openings in the newspaper. One of the last lazy Saturdays of the summer and it was time to get the boys out of the house. Super great diorama, lots of knives and guns, wonderfully annotated photos and artifacts from the 1850's to the conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq. I think the visit will put a new spin on the County Fair this year. Go....take the kids and have fun with it. Very enthusiastic docents who were respectful of the boys, interjected when we had questions and otherwise, let us visit at our own pace.

2  Thank GC D
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I went to his museum after hearing about it from some friends. There is a ton of reading, which is good as I can use the material in my middle school history classroom. By the same token, if the reading is too much, this museum is FULL of artifacts that serve as beautiful primary sources. They even have some German MG-42s!

Needless to say, the size and space of this museum is a travesty (where is the funding!?!) but considering the space the knowledgeable, professional, and friendly staff has to work with, this museum compared to larger museums backed by corporate dollars is a REAL diamond among many SYNTHETICS.

3  Thank Mark M