“Great viewing of sporting events.”
Review of San Felipe's Coastal Cantina - CLOSED

San Felipe's Coastal Cantina
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Fresh ingredients. Killer specials. Libacious cocktails. Dorado's menu offers the best in-house recipes, straight from Mexico, utilizing the freshest local ingredients Arizona has to offer. All of our lunch, dinner and weekend brunch choices are made from scratch and we are proud to keep it local with Flagstaff's very own Tortilla Lady tortillas. Enjoy a signature margarita on our patio during the day or get out on the dance floor at night. Dorado's has it all!
Gilbert, Arizona
“Great viewing of sporting events.”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great cantina bar. Great views from all the tables for sporting events. The bears are cold and very Good liquor selection.

Visited September 2013

“Free Chips and Salsa Are Back!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I shared a previous review of San Felipe where I said that the fish and shrimp tacos are amazing, but that they had discontinued free chips and salsa. I am happy to report that on my last visit they had reinstated the free chips and salsa. I'm so happy to see this since I thought making people pay for it was a bad business choice. Also, they have REALLY stepped up the service. The wait staff was extremely attentive and friendly. Thanks, San Felipe! We'll be back for more of those amazing shrimp tacos!

• Visited June 2013
Murrieta, California
“Trying to think of something positive”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

It looked like a fun place and we wanted Mexican food so gave it a try. There weren't many customers but we thought maybe we were early for the "rush." We ordered two frozen Margaritas that were on special for $3; they were served in smaller drink glasses that normally might have held a Scotch on the Rocks rather than a normal Margarita glass. Not much of a "special" if the drink is half the size of the normal one.

My husband had the steak quesadilla which he said wasn't too bad but I had a ground beef enchilada that I seriously considered sending back - that would have required staying longer for something else and after more than 30 minutes of listening to a loud, foul-mouthed customer at the bar I decided not to. Basically it was a cheese enchilada with greasy meat sauce poured over it. There was so much grease I had to use a napkin to sop it up before eating it. My husband commented that the salsa wasn't very good - like they had thrown in all the veggie leftovers into it.

Definitely not a family place with rather off-color signs on the wall - seems a bit old and probably could use a makeover in decor and menu.

• Visited July 2013
“Flavors were like a party in my mouth!”
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

Excellent food. The flavors & textures were so delicious. I had the Baja chicken wrap ... Best wrap I ever had. The salsa alone is worth the visit! Service was outstanding too. It wasn't busy so I don't know how it would be when crowded. Definitely will be back again.

• Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“More employees than customers”
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Atmosphere was dull, although the decor/theme was really fun. We expected more from the atmosphere than we received. Staff was friendly, but there were way too many of them hanging around.. it made our dinner feel awkward. The chips & salsa was good and so were the soft tacos. My boyfriend had the taco salad and didn't like it.

• Visited May 2013