We knew a Chinese food joint in a strip mall in Flagstaff probably wouldn't make the Michelin guide. But we were way off in our expectations of getting a humble meal before a movie. We called at 8:15 p.m. on July 3 to be sure they were still open, and were assured they would be open until 9. We arrived at 8:25 and were seated at a booth in the small restaurant with about 10 tables.The waitress was brisk, bordering on rude, and we ordered quickly. While waiting for our food to arrive, suddenly the restaurant filled with the intense fumes of Pine-Sol® as a staff member noisily cleaned the two rest rooms located within the tiny place. Our food arrived just as the cleaning fluid smell reached its maximum intensity, about 20 minutes before the place closed. We should have immediately asked to relocate with our food into the parking lot, but we soldiered on. The broth in our soup was watery; the vegetables were dull. I covered my nose with my napkin as I tried to choke down gelatinous broccoli, and we commented to the waitress on the smell, and she simply nodded, refilling our tea. I'm in my fifth decade; we dine out several times a week and we travel often. This was without a doubt our most horrific dining experience ever. On our way out, we spied the Costco-sized jug of Pine-Sol®, in plain view, with both rest room doors wide open.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.