“Friendly Staff”

Denny's
Ranked #122 of 339 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
“Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

We use Denny's when we need something quick and we know the kids will always eat from the menu. On our weekend in Flagstaff we found we were a bit out of the way so this Denny's on our doorstep became our default for breakfast and once for dinner.

The food was as you expect, never going to win prizes but it was all well cooked and served hot.

The staff here were great though, we met a few different waitresses over our visits and struck up a standing joke with the host who pulled a double shift and was there when we had breakfast and again when we went back for dinner. It makes such a difference to meet friendly staff in places like Denny's because that, together with the service is what sets them apart from each other. I would recommend a visit to this one, it's good.

Visited April 2014

Ottawa, Canada
“Denny' is Denny's”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The wait staff were friendly. Service was quick. Location was convenient. Food was as expected at a Denny's. Not great...but consistent.

Visited April 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Denny's Restaurant”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Well friends I wish I had great things to say all the way around but no so on this visit. First the positive: We were greater warmly by the hostess, Our waitress was very personable and attentive, my eldest son ordered the peanut butter and chocolate pancake breakfast that he couldn't brag enough about.☺ Now the not so good: I ordered the fish and chips which came with a side and a dinner roll. My fish was quite "deep fried" but the fish inside was mealy almost pasty in consistency. The side I picked was Mac and cheese. It arrived ice cold. It was returned nice and hot but was nothing more than the Kraft Mac and Cheese you and I could make at home. My husband ordered the prime rib and chicken skillet. His hashbrowns were more like transparent shoestring potatoes swimming in grease. The French fries on both mine and my youngest sons plate tasted as though they had been sitting under a heat lamp for some time. The temperature of the fries were comparable with the temp a heat lamp would transmit as well. Sadly, I have to say that given the choice, I would avoid this Denny's for their dinner fare. I think if you were attending during the breakfast hour it may be a much better experience for you. In wish I had gotten our waitress name ( older white haired gal) she was funny as heck and felt quite badly about my ice cold Mac and cheese. I didn't have the heart to tell her about the other issues. She was too sweet and tried really hard (short of cooking the meal herself for us) to be accommodating.

• Visited April 2014
Maricopa, United States
“Above Average Service”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We arrived in the middle of a breakfast rush. We were seated immediately, and the service throughout our meal was outstanding. The food was EXCELLENT - better than expected.

Visited March 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Predictable Food - Weak Service”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I decided to take breakfast here before hitting the road. I was warmly greeted and seated, though the lobby was very disorganised with arriving and departing guests all together and the staff seemingly unaware of who was who. This caused significant delays.

My waiter came quite quickly and I ordered my drink. This didn't arrive.

When I ordered my food, I added a discounted side plate of ham. This never arrived. When the bill came I had been charged full price for the extra ham. My server referred this to his manager and the price was reduced to what it should have them. No apology was received.

The restaurant was busy, and appeared clean and reasonably well maintained. Staff will constantly busy. There was adequate parking.

Food quality was acceptable, but predictable. Nothing fancy and nothing to write home about. Relatively expensive for what it was.

• Visited April 2014