“Hands down!! ”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Customer service was amazing. Drove up from phoenix on the bike and was pretty hot out we couldn't be seated right away but still offered us our drinks. Waited maybe 10 minutes before we were seated. I ordered the blue corn chicken tacos amazing in flavor. I can't wait to come back Excellent service low prices large amount of food and great atmosphere!

1  Thank Amber S

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I came here for lunch like at 2:30 in the afternoon and the place was packed. Most places are empty at that time of day. The service is fast and attentive, they give you a sopa pia after your meal. I had the carne asada burro and it was well just a flour tortilla with not even the best carne asada. Carne asada should be slow cooked from a piece of quite fatty beef, such that the meat is falling apart and it should be infused with chiles, usually pasallias which give it a rich smoky flavor. This was just grilled chunks of beef, no flavor. The red salsa was spicy, but not complex.

1  Thank eab405
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The restaurant is clean and looks like a Mexican restaurant. There do seem to be a lot of locals and the friends I was with say it's their favorite. I had a chicken enchilada. The sauce tasted like a canned store bought sauce. Very bland. Also had a chile relleno and THAT was really good.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We have been a regular customer of La Fonda for several decades. Once in a while, we'll try another Mexican food restaurant only to return to La Fonda. We find the food to be the most tasty, consistently great, and the service accomplished in a friendly and efficient manner.

2  Thank Eugene H
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Came in from the East Coast. Taking the family on RV trip across Arizona. Wanted the authentic Mexican I remember from living out here 20 yrs ago. This place is it! Mostly locals, great food.

3  Thank Adam R