“Dumplings”

August Moon Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #267 of 348 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Ive suffered for many years in arizona unable to find a good dumpling, until i found august moon. Its sad but if i get food to go i order two orders and eat one while driving! I dont use sauce, theirs is good, but what i look for is a chewy dough and crispy bottom with well seasoned pork. I've eaten my fair share of dumplings, ive made several hundred, so i know what im talking about, these are good! The best ive ever had, no, in the top ten, yes!
obviously lunch special is a good deal, take out is what i usually choose.
Service is always friendly, food great, value amazing.
cons, it is what it is, the bathrooms not so good, boxes in hallway feels slightly less than clean, but the food is awesome so just ignore that stuff and be happy with the quality of food and service!
I dont live in Flag but when I visit i always go to august moon, unless its sunday then Im all annoyed and sad that my belly isnt getting dumplings!

There are newer reviews for August Moon Chinese Restaurant

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Avoid this nasty tasting food at all cost! I ordered the General Tao's chicken which is generally deep fried with a spicy sauce poured over it. This chicken was not, and it was tough and crunchy and the sauce tasted like pure mollasses.The lo-mein noodles were dry. In a nutshell, the food was horrible, so be warned!

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I was ready for lunch and at this shopping center so I gave it a try. Fortunately, I hadn't read some of these reviews. I thought the food was quite good. I'll agree the storefront and interior could use some help. But, the staff was superb and the food good enough that I'll return.....

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Dreadful place. Wonton soup was dish water with soy sauce thrown in. Egg rolls greasy and flavorless. Crispy noodles from the Ming dynasty. Unbelievably bad. We were so happy we got out alive. Service was friendly, kitchen is a disastor.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

We use to eat here when we Lived in Flagstaff. So we are here In Flagstaff and decided to eat at August Moon. Well they have really gone down hill. The food was horrible. We barely ate anything. No flavor, chicken didn't taste done, crab puffs were burnt. Absolutely the worst meal we have had. Very disappointed! We paid for a meal that we didn't eat. We will be taking August Moon off our list of yummy restaurant's in Flagstaff.