“Didn't live up to its billing.”

Mamma Luisa Italian Restaurant
Ranked #75 of 354 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Saw this was rated as the best Italian place in town. Service was good but we were disappointed that our different meals were covered with the same sauce which was over powering.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Excellent Italian food. Very intimate place. I had the ziti with meatballs. Delicious! Garlic bread was not my favorite but salad and main course were excellent!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

The food was excellent, very authentic. There was a 3 hour wait as it was Valentines Day...so we ordered food to go and ate in our hotel room. Big portions, good price, friendly staff.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I was forced to stop in Flagstaff back in March 2008 and this was the only restaurant available within walking distance, and I'm extremely happy it was. I had the most amazing Italian food in my life here and vowed to return one day. Well, I had my chance, finally, in Nov of this past year. As we were traveling cross-country, I ensured we would stay in Flagstaff, if for nothing more than to eat at this amazing restaurant again.

Unfortunately, because we had our dog with us, we were not able to dine-in and had to order to-go. Nonetheless, the food was great. We did have a couple issues with our order. My wife's order was missing it's pasta and she had ordered a side of garlic bread. We did not notice these until we had returned to our hotel room. Regardless, the food was phenomenal. The restaurant was quite busy and we should have checked our order before we left, All-in-all, we enjoyed the food, the host that took our order was extremely pleasant, and we would definitely stop in here again (but without the dog this time).

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

You can tell this is a local place. Customers talking to customers. Waiters talking to customers. It was old home night!
Meal was average. Bread was nothing special. Main course and soup was average.
I would go back to try more entrees.
Very cute old fashioned and did I say really nice staff?