“Great Find for Italian Food in Flagstaff”

Mamma Luisa Italian Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 373 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2017

Was on a trip with my girlfriend and we were in the mood for Italian so I did a quick search and checked the recent tripadvisor reviews. She is vegetarian so the wide vegetarian selection convinced us to go for Mamma Luisa. We had a great experience; the atmosphere was intimate and romantic, the service was terrific, and the food was fabulous, at a good price. Definitely a place to check out if you are in the mood for Italian!

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Absolutely to die for, authentic Italian food. Everything here is good, been going here for years and have yet to have a bad meal.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

We had a wonderful meal here. Portions very generous, flavors authentic and service was excellent. Will stop here next time we are in Flagstaff.

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

I am a firm believer in listening to the locals when picking a restaurant and it worked out once again. I asked the desk clerk at my hotel if there was a good place to eat nearby and she recommended Mamma Luisa's.
Mamma Luisa's is located in a strip mall and was walking distance from the BW. I was greeted and seated immediately. As a solo diner, many times they try to seat me in the center of the restaurant but I was shown to a table in the back of the restaurant. This is very nice because it is always slightly uncomfortable sitting alone.
The server (Kaylynn) was very attentive and answered my questions. I asked about several dishes and she recommended the pasta primavera with shrimp. It was very good. The pasta was perfectly cooked and the vegetables were fresh. My drinks were refilled without being asked as well. The servers are obviously well trained and were all very nice.
I was pleased with the dinner. The bread was different then what I have normally seen in Italian restaurants and I would have enjoyed an oil/vinegar dip. I did notice that the table next to mine ended up with burnt bread but I had no issues.
Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

This place is in a strip mall and really doesn't look like much on the outside. Inside it's a little dated a kitschy, but look past all that. The food is really good and so is the service. The restaurant is family run and they care about the customer it is evident in every member of the staff. Great Italian food served on beautiful handmade local pottery. The cheesecake is pretty amazing.