“Nostalgic eating experience ”

Mamma Luisa Italian Restaurant
Ranked #71 of 374 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

The decor makes one feel like you've stepped back in time
Fast and friendly service
Large portions of older recipes with a variety of sauces I would have given a rating of 5 however the chicken was more dry than moist The shrimp and veal were excellent resulting in
a nice eating experience
We difinitly will return

Reviewed 23 July 2018

We came on a Monday evening. It was in a strip mall and was empty so I was starting to worry about our decision to dine here. Business picked up, service was great, and it was the best meal we had on our trip! My husband had the Veal Scallopine and it was just ok, BUT they have the best alfredo sauce I've ever tasted. It was very buttery and rich and I couldn't stop eating it. My husband liked it better than his meal also. The garlic bread was yummy, and so was the dinner roll that came with the meal. We wouldn't have ordered additional bread had we known that the meal came with. Calamari was pretty decent and their Minestrone soup was yum. My daughter orders spaghetti everywhere we go, and this was her favorite on our trip. She's a picky eater. My friend got a shrimp dish but liked his wife's better as well. She also had fettuccine alfredo but without the chicken and mushrooms that I had. Bottom line, we had some hits and misses but the things that were hits were AMAZING!!!! Too bad it must've been a trillion calories.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We were a group of 33, so I get it, but we had reservations months in advance so they ought to have been prepared. We have eaten together for ten days straight and everyone else was, but these guys were s slow that the first table had finished their meals before the last table got served. I was so lucky to be at the first table and our waitress seemed quite competent, so I do not understand what happened to the others. Food was Okay Italian, but certainly not outstanding.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Incredibly bland Italian food, not worth the cost. Honestly, you can make better at home with little effort. Many dishes come drowned in thick, sweet tomato sauce that tastes straight from Sbarros and was only lukewarm on more than one occasion. Garlic bread - I hesitate to call it that - is the furthest I've ever seen from traditional. This is the kind of Italian food I'd expect to be served in a mall food court, not a fairly pricey restaurant. It's edible but uninspired. I love Italian food (Italian ancestry) and gave this place a few tries but won't be going back.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

We had eaten here 3 years ago when passing through Flagstaff and loved it. We searched it out this trip and were not disappointed.The menu is very traditional old Italian and delicious. Waitstaff is personable and atmosphere is delightfully cozy. Highly recommend.