“Date night in Flagstaff”
Review of Pasto - CLOSED

Pasto
Price range: US$22 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We were looking for a nice place to have dinner for our last night in Flagstaff and found Pasto while wandering around earlier. We stopped in, were greeted promptly by a nice guy. We made our reservation and returned for dinner later that evening. Great ambiance which includes both indoor and outdoor dining options. The little patio out back had the feel of a little restaurant in Italy. Rustic, cozy, and no street noise. The menu was very tempting and there were several off-menu specials. One of the specials that evening was a gnocchi with bleu cheese and walnuts. DELICIOUS. The service was very good. The wine list was not. But we enjoyed our meal, the atmosphere, and the service very much!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

We stopped in while visiting Flagstaff to have dinner. The menu was a bit confusing for me, as it had large plates, small plates, and some that were not identified as either. But, after we navigated this, with the help of our waiter, we placed our order. The appetizer was a very nicely priced brochette, which was really good. Then, I had a small plate of pasta, which turned out to be plenty for me. My husband had the large plate of lasagna. Both dishes were very good. If you want bread with your pasta, that will be an extra cost.

1  Thank Kathleen3001
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Went to Pasto's for dinner and the food was good but not great (when we dined here a couple of years ago the food was great). We dined on patio, which is quite lovely. The goat cheese, prosciutto, and ahi skewers were delicious - okay I only ate the prosciutto but my husband and son said the ahi and goat cheese were awesome (I can't stand goat cheese). We also had the pasto fries - they needed a little something extra like parmesan cheese. The angel hair pomodoro was quite good. For dessert, I had the apricot crumble - the apricots were fairly hard almost like they were not quite ripe. I noticed that the restaurant has reduced its hours of service, which is a shame since summer is the high season for tourists in Flagstaff. Also, the menu has reduced number of entrees.

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

I ordered nothing but specials, a cucumber soup, a dark meat chicken dish in an amazing and robust sauce, and for desert a flan-custard. All three or any one of them would bring me back. Moreover I dined in the patio and a more pleasing space -- complete with Aspen trees -- could not be envisioned. Accuse me of being the owner's father given this glowing review but I am not and indeed this was my first visit but whenever I come to Flagstaff again for any reason you will find me here -- and maybe even for lunch tomorrow.

1  Thank family019
Reviewed 30 May 2017

How can an Italian restaurant not be able to cook pasta. All four dishes served to our table offered overcooked pasta.

I ordered the shrimp scampi over angel hair pasta. The dish was destroyed, every ingredient bludgeoned to death with a heavy dose of garlic. The parmigiana cheese that smothered the pasta suspiciously looked like it came from a bag and was not freshly grated. The shrimp was overcooked as well. What should have been a fresh, light dish was rendered into a heavy, inedible mess.

Perhaps one of the worst restaurant meals I have every experienced.

The taste in my mouth was so disagreeable that I asked for sorbet. No, didn't have sorbet. How about an espresso or cappuccino? No, the machine was broken.

While the patio held a smattering of patrons the inside area of the restaurant had only a table for two occupied. The word must be out. Avoid Pasto...only wish I had heard about this before.