“Value and Luxury in the High Desert”

Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort
Ranked #4 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
San Diego, California, United States
“Value and Luxury in the High Desert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Less than a year old at this writing, the Twin Arrows resort is doing everything right. The rooms are gorgeous, large and luxurious, the amenities outstanding, the casino not too big or small, and the dining options more than ample. We opted to eat at the seafood bar. I know, seems like a strange choice for the high desert but my husband's lobster bisque chock full of fresh lobster was as good as any he has had on the coast and my Crab Louie salad was as good as any I've ever had. But the highlight of the meal was dessert. We were full and hadn't plan to have dessert but were curious as to the offerings. When she said "pinon pie" we couldn't resist as it had been years since we'd eaten this pie. OMG!! If you've never had pinon pie it's your basic pecan pie made with pine nuts. So decadent. I decided then and there that I wanted this pie to be the last thing to cross my lips before I die.

Room Tip: Ask for a view out the back across the desert instead of the parking lot.
2 Thank Jeffree I

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

The staff is friendly and accommodating throughout the property. The rooms are modern, clean and have nice amenities: flat screen TV, high quality beds and towels, two basin sinks, Keurig coffee maker. The Arrow Sports Bar is an excellent happy hour between 4-7:00PM. We had glasses of house wine for $4. Mixed reviews on the three meal a day restaurant, Four Elements. Dinner special on Wednesday night is a smoking deal, 8 oz prime rib with baked potato and bourbon bread pudding dessert. Breakfast special for seniors is $1.99! Eggs, bacon and one slice of toast. Service was friendly but not always attentive or accurate in the order taking. The indoor pool is gorgeous and under-utilized. The one disappointment was the lack of progress in finishing the landscaping. Little has been done since our last visit 6 months ago.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank bdrothschild
TwinArrowsAZ, Public Relations Manager at Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for choosing us again!
Glad you loved the majority of the food and indoor pool. We are sharing your observations on service with our F&B directors so they can continue to improve.

While we do have plans for some additional landscaping the look will always be minimalistic in keeping with our natural surroundings. We look forward to your next visit and appreciate your support the past six months!

We open an additional 110 rooms on May 3, so we will have plenty of room to accommodate you and all your friends!

Take care,
Kenosha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

The decor was very nice, everything was very clean. The Bed was comfortable and the shower was amazing (large walk-in shower lots of water pressure and volume). The staff was very professional and friendly. I honestly couldn't have asked for much better especially at the rate we paid.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room. It is not extra, just based on availability.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brandon A
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

My wife and I stay at the casino while we visited the Grand Canyon. It was nice, very clean and the staff was really on top of things.. The food places were good and the prices were reasonable. What I liked about it was it wasn't too far from Flagstaff.

Room Tip: Rooms were nice and quiet never heard any noise
1 Thank Anthony R
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

My fiancee and I stayed one night at the hotel on a recent trip. After taking a shower I slipped on the bathroom tile floor and fell, bruising my hip pretty badly. When I reported this incident to the front desk, all they did was say they would report the incident to maintenance. I was very disappointed with this response as there was zero concern for my welfare at all. No one even asked for my contact information so they could follow up and make sure that it was only a bruise. If I had been an older person and fell like that, I could have easily broken my hip. So be very careful, for heaven's sake don't slip and fall!!

Plusses - room was clean and modern, very nice. Dinner was delicious and reasonable.
Minuses (other than the above incident) - the wind was crazy as the place is built out in the wide open.

Room Tip: just don't slip on the wet tile floor in the bathroom.
1 Thank Dan P
Dan,
We are so sorry to hear that. While we are glad you enjoyed your room and food, our guest's safety is of utmost importance. Feel free to follow-up with us directly at TwinArrowsPR@Gmail.com to update us on your hip.

Thank you for taking the time to share this with our team,
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

My husband and I stumbled across this place on a roadtrip. The place is not even a year old so everything is brand new. Amazing prices and food in their restaurant. Great staff. We liked it so much we stayed an extra night. The place is in a strange location - literally in the middle of nowhere, it has its own exit off the highway and that's the only thing there. Maybe 20 minutes outside of Flagstaff. But it is beautiful.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank angryrose
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

We had the casino as our home base . We visited the petrified forest , meteor crater and the Grand Canyon as well as Sedona . The hotel was nice and clean. The breakfast burrito with chorizo sausage was a meal for two it was delicious, the best. I am a gambler but didn't gamble on this visit . They have blackjack , poker and slots.

Stayed March 2014
Looking forward to your next visit - glad we could be your stop in the center of it all!

Thank you for taking the time to share such kind words.