“Excellent Experiance”

Sakura Sushi & Teppanyaki
Ranked #64 of 345 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Price range: US$16 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sakura offers one of the most unique dining experiences in Flagstaff. Part of the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff, Sakura is a popular destination with locals and visitors alike. Sakura has been voted one of the "Best Restaurants of the Southwest" by Food and Wine Magazine. Sakura has received the title of best Japanese restaurant for ten years from the Arizona Daily Sun. Sakura, which means Cherry Blossom, offers two traditional Japanese dining styles. At Flagstaffs original Sushi Bar, you can sit and watch the highly trained chefs produce incredible works of "edible art."
Ontario, Canada
“Excellent Experiance”
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Sakura Sushi & Teppanyaki is a Japaneese stlye restaurant where at the cooking table they cook you dinner right in front of you. The dinner was excellent and our chef Rueben was very entertaining.

The only downfall of this restaurant was the seating staff. There were three of them on staff the night we were there and they were all clueless as to what they were doing. Numerous reservations were being screwed up and all we kept hearing was "I'm Sorry" and "Thank you for your patience". One couple had their reservations screwd up twice and decided that they were hungry and tired of waiting so they just ate at the sushi bar. I guess we were lucky that night.

I would definately recommend eating here. You will have an entertaining dinner and get great value for your money.

• Visited August 2011
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sakura Sushi & Teppanyaki, responded to this review, 18 August 2011
Thank you for your recommendation and for letting us know about your experience. We will use your feedback as a training opportunity for our team. Thanks again and happy eating!

Fresno, California
“Decent meal, server was bad, chef and busboy were great”
Reviewed 13 August 2011

My children and I stayed in this hotel and ate at their restaurant one night. Our server provided the most awful service I've ever had. As we initially sat down, he acted like he was doing us a favor by performing service tasks for us, like pouring water and taking our order, and then he disappeared. One elderly couple sitting at our table were so upset by his attitude and lack of service that they left before the chef showed up. The busboy was of more service to us during our meal than our server. The chef was a very nice man, I think his name was Nate, and the food he cooked for us was good. There is one odd thing about this restaurant, only white rice is served with your meal. Fried rice, usually included in a teppanyaki meal, was $2.50 extra per person! We have teppanyaki about once a month, so we figured we'd just wait until next time we go for teppanyaki to have fried rice rather than spend an extra $10 at this meal. I made sure that I tipped both the busboy and the chef well in cash, and for the first time in my life, left nothing for our "server" as a tip. I was offended by his poor attitude and lack of service. If you don't want to be a waiter, find a different job.

• Visited April 2011
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Super awesome and delish”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We have been here several times as we live in town but this most recent experience was above and beyond any other teppanyaki place we've tried. Our cook was just so very nice and funny and the best at doing all the tricks they do. Even though it was just the 4 of us at the table he still put on a great show so to say. And he to top it off he cooked our meals to perfection. Highly recommend going here and ask for Reuben Stoller if you get the chance!!! Thank you Reuben for making this my new fav place!!!

• Visited June 2011
granite_hotelmgr, Guest Relations Manager at Sakura Sushi & Teppanyaki, responded to this review, 15 June 2011
Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with us. We do read and take seriously all reviews posted - both positive and constructive. We love to hear when we've exceeded our guests' expectations and will be sure to pass along your comments to Reuben!
Artesia, California
“Good food & Good service....”
Reviewed 27 February 2011

We arrived late to the hotel and deside to go to one the restaurant they have to offer, We orderd both teppanyaki food and sushi. We were very happy with quality of food and the service we received was outstanding.
One of the best sushi we ever had. Keep up the good work.

Thank you..

• Visited February 2011
So glad you enjoyed our sushi and teppanyaki - nothing better after a long day on the road! Thank you for posting your review!
juno, usa
“Best Sushi & Teppanyaki in Northern AZ”
Reviewed 17 February 2011

I travel a lot for my business, I have try lots of different food, lots of different places. When we go to Flagstaff, I always go to Sakura. They always have good food and great service. Always friendly and took special care to make sure our needs. My friend was not hungry for sushi he wanted a burger, we ask our server if we can order a burger from other menu, her response was " NOPROBLE AT ALL, WE CAN GET YOU THAT" , she was vey happy to get that done, I dont see that any more with other restaurants I have visited recently.

They do have another restaurant is called Woodlands, and thats the menu my friend choose to order from. I am glad that they did get my friend a burger from other menu. I highly recommend this restaurant to eveyone who staying in this town.

• Visited January 2011
granite_hotelmgr, Guest Relations Manager at Sakura Sushi & Teppanyaki, responded to this review, 21 February 2011
Thank you so much for posting your review. We do try to accommodate all guest requests if possible, and having 2 restaurants with 2 different themes allows us to accommodate a 'hamburger' request in our Sushi/Teppanyaki restaurant. Looking forward to your next visit.