Travelodge Northern Arizona University Downtown
Ranked #47 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Terrible place. But, very cheap so you get what you pay for. It was simply a roof over our heads. Staff were okay... location was ok but the rooms were dirty and small. Mouldy and smelly! Stay here if you are on a budget only. Some scary looking locals staying in the rooms too...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drivenunder

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Although, they advertise a "24 hour" reception, the reason we booked, it's a lie. As we would not be arriving until 2am we rang to confirm if we could still check in. They said it was ok. We arrive at 2am. We rang the bell for 10min in -2degrees with no answer. When it was clear we were abandoned we found alternative accommodation, however, they had the nerve to charge us. The next morning I confronted them.
He gave a crooked smile glaring his stained teeth. "We thought it was dark so you wouldn't come", he said.
We arranged to come when it was 'dark'.
He claimed he was there and couldn't hear us, "I come to look too." If you had 'looked' or 'listened' he would've seen us. It was a disgrace. I could tell by his menace he was lying.
He promised that he would refund us, however, as I left I could tell it was just a delaying tactic to get rid of us with no intention of a refund. 1 month later, nothing.

Basically, They abandoned two travelers in -2degrees temperatures after taking our money. They deliberately, and maliciously stole from us. Be aware it is not a 24hr reception even after organising it earlier...

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

We booked a room at this Motel specifically because it advertised a 24 hour front desk. We caught a bus into Flagstaff that was due to arrive at 2am. I contacted the motel and the staff member I spoke to confirmed there would be "no problem" checking in when we arrived.

When we arrived we were met with a locked, dark office and instructions to ring the bell. We stood outside the office in the middle of the freezing night for fifteen minutes ringing this bell, but no one came.

Luckily for us the Econo Lodge located right next door did have an actual 24 hour reception, and the lovely lady there was incredibly accommodating given our experience.

As this motel had already charged us for the room we never got to stay in we returned the following morning to request a refund. The staff member on duty essentially accused us of lying and advised they even checked outside at the time we were due to arrive. They apparently did not hear the bell, and wanted to know why we hadn't called, when I had already informed them the first time I rang that we did not have a working phone.

They eventually agreed to refund us, however the money has not been returned. I'm assuming they call themselves the best because they're the best at scamming naive tourists. Absolutely disgusting. Would not use this chain ever again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kate B
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We needed a place to stay for the night, and ended up here the price was right. The desk clerk was friendly and helped us find a place to eat. If I am ever in town again I will stay here and I highly recomend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank luna14e
aneri03, Manager at Travelodge Northern Arizona University Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you very much for your comment,it always help us to improve services and make our place better

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Don't get your hopes up. This is a place to crash and nothing more. It gets 3-stars because of the convenient location and the price. If you want pampered comfort, then head on down the road to the nicer, pricier places.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The price was reasonable especially at what other places in town were charging but the room was a mix of updated and old. They are moving the right direction but not fully there yet. The linens were new and very good quality and newly painted room and the owners clearly are trying to keep the place clean and respectable. The cabinet that was holding the tv was a very sad state of affairs, holes had been hacked into the sides to fit the new larger tv and not painted over or finished.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Dirty, worn out. Minimal effort toward housekeeping- every corner is full of dust, bathroom was gross, even if it is granite, still filthy. Climate control is useless, entire place smells like sewage.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo