Mountain View Inn
Ranked #9 of 11 Flagstaff B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

This place is a rat hole. DRUG DEALERS AND HOMELESS outside. Cinder block walls in the room. everything is dirty and stained. The air conditioner looked like it was going to fall out of the wall. THE window in the bathroom didn't lock. Horrific experience

2  Thank LongDogRanch

Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

I had earlier read the bad reviews for this place but I still thought for $69.99 + tax, I'll get a decent enough room to sleep for just for a night. But when I checked into the room I couldn't believe how bad it was.I observed that the owners themselves were running the place & that pains me more cause I have stayed in numerous such owner operated properties where they treat their properties like their babies, work hard on their rooms keep them clean and updated, unlike this one.I guess here the attitude was we have a place in Flagstaff, tourists will come,will stay, will pay our price and we can give them any Crap we like.Stay clear of this place or else you'll ruin your vacation.

1  Thank Budgettravel56003
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

This is a typical small town motel with plenty of parking and decent sized rooms. No shower gel but they provided soap and the room seemed clean. It's a bit out of the centre so be prepared for a $10 taxi ride each way but it's still cheaper than the down town places.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I would give this hotel an ok review if not the... Bed Bugs! I woke up with 60 bites! And no they are not Mosquitos bites! They are straight line, a group of three bites on my arms and feet... Still trying to deal with it after a week and it's horrible. Worst hotel experience ever. Not to mention hair on the pillows when we arrived and some spots on the sheets that didn't look clean at all!

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank Sabi777
Reviewed 2 September 2012

If you want budget, its to be found at the Luxury Inn. The name may be a bit misleading, but its basic,clean accommodation, a bit short on amenities. Situated on the R66, it offers good value, choose a room at the back of the establishment, its quieter, as the road and rail noise can be a bit load.
Aircon works great, parking not a problem - there is no coffee service and no breakfast on offer, but then at $40, for a comfy bed, and a clean room, and a Starbucks up the road, its not a bad proposition at the end of a long road trip

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dirk001
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Notwithstanding that the picture shows refrigerators and the listing says it has desks, my room had neither. It also didn't have a closet rod. The lack of a table is what was most inconvenient to me as I have two small children and there was no where for us to eat. It was very basic, but clean and the staff was very nice (which is NOT universal along Rt. 66 in Flag). For the price (I paid $40 per night for two nights) it was fine. I asked about a weekly rate (a sign in the window says "weekly rates"), but was told that they didn't have any rooms available with weekly rates, even though I could book the room I had for that long.

We left the bathroom exhaust fan on while we slept, which as has been said is kind of noisy, so with that as ambient noise, the train didn't bother us. We had the very end room nearest the train.

Overall, it was fine, but I wouldn't recommend more than one night really, due to the lack of amenities.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rose N
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Apart from the helping attitude of the young man at the reception desk, all the rest was just bad bad bad: the room and pillows smelled of tobacco (I booked a non-smoking room), the extractor in the bathroom was super-noisy, the bath towels had suspicious spots and were too small, the wc bowl was unsteady, the electric sockets looked old and dangerous, everything was old, dusty and not very clean: I just looked inside the drawers and decided not to use them. There was no wardrobe, no hangers, no bar, no coffee machine. Just two old creaky beds with worn blankets and thin yellowish sheets. The walls rattled when the train went by almost non-stop, day and night... It was and experience to forget. The place is cheap, but it is cheaper and cleaner to spend the night in your car.

Room Tip: Avoid this place!!