“A steal”
Review of Mountain View Inn

Mountain View Inn
Ranked #9 of 11 Flagstaff B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

At $33 a night this was a steal. The front desk lady was very kind and helpful. Our hotel rooms were a bit bare however and the lighting was extremely dim, but the facilities were clean and tidy otherwise. The price was so good and showers strong so can't really complain! I recommend that better lighting be installed though

Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was a little worried about what to expect for the price and I was pleasantly surprised. It was very clean, newly painted, recently cleaned carpets or new carpets. There was a TV with cable and wireless internet included in the price. They only provide bar soap in the wait of toiletries but I always travel with my own shampoo and conditioner. I would gladly do without hotel shampoo for a cheaper room. We asked for additional towels and they were very accommodating with all our requests. We used this hotel as a base camp for our travels around the area and it was perfect for our needs. I would stay here again if I ever find myself back in Flagstaff.

My only complaint would be the bathroom window. It is frosted for privacy but there is no shade or blinds for the window which meant early morning sun came into the room to wake me up.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RebekahC_11
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed 2 nights and I was really goodly surprised ! I didn't knew what to expect for the price but the room was clean and well equiped (microwave and fridge). The place doesn't looks great but for the price... It's not a big deal ! The hotel is on the Road 66 so, on the road to Grand Canyon or Page. One big negative point : I found a black socket under my bed (who doesn't belong to me of course)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Everything is simple, poor but averagely clean. Just a motel as many others. Nothing special and nothing luxury at all! Flagstaff is small and it's on the way for most road trips, it was clean, the toilet got blocked several times but it's incredibly cheap so if you share the room with friends or someone is really cheap to stay there.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We booked this for our trip to Grand Canyon and it turned out to be a pleasant stay. Front desk was friendly although we didn't get in until mid-night. Room was neat and clean. We had a very good night's sleep.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Having booked this hotel as it was the cheapest I could find with Expedia and then subsequently read the tripadvisor reviews, I was really dreading our overnight stop here. Instead of a noisy, flea infested pit, we found a pleasant check in girl, a large, king sized bed plus a decent tv, microwave and medium sized fridge. The hotel is right next to a Burger King, Long John Silver and Sizzler. Although right by the train tracks, there was none of the anticipated noise throughout the night. A basic hotel, at a basic price but with benefits of microwave, large bed and fridge. Also had a desk where you could eat at, fair sized room. It does not warrant the previous criticism on this website. Although we didnt leave luggage in the car, it felt perfectly safe to do so. Do not avoid!

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor room, we had 102- there was no noise, car was secure.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The name luxury inn is misleading, however when you look at what this place is charging for a nights stay it shouldn't be a surprise that you aren't going to get top notch rooms. Our family found everything nice and clean. Honestly, if you are just looking to stay in a simple motel this is a great place. Wifi was disappointing but was understandable since we stayed in one of the farther rooms. The front desk was extremely helpful; being tourists you want as much of the locals help as you can get. Location is where a lot of the motels are so we found it pretty safe. We originally planned to stay here for only 3 nights but we actually ended up adding on 2 extra days.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family