“For the price, solid room.”
Review of Mountain View Inn

Mountain View Inn
Ranked #9 of 11 Flagstaff B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Certainly not "luxury", but this is a very adequate hotel for $35/night. Stayed here two nights while visiting the Grand Canyon. Air conditioner performed well, it is a resi style window unit though. Beds were not very comfortable.
Everything looked clean, so I'm happy for $35.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Hurtaaron

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The owners of this establishment should've looked up the definition of the word luxury before they chose a name. Small rooms, no ice machine working, under renovation and not really luxurious at all. Fridge and microwave were little consolation and right across the street was a railroad that had those 'mile long' freight trains going past at random....which just topped off the whole stay. Fortunately we were only booked for one night, you get what you pay for and we booked relatively late. Next time we're ever in Flagstaff, it will probably be just for a coffee and a bite to eat, and it will definitely not be at the 'Luxury Inn'. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone on the strength of the noisy trains going past during the night alone. Spend a few more dollars and treat yourself if you're ever staying over in Flagstaff.....You'll be better off for it for sure.

Room Tip: Pick a room at another establishment.....honestly.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank katubaldy
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Flagstaff is an expensive to stay in and this hotel was dirt cheap, thus I did not expect much from this hotel. I was right. It's a cheap place to snooze and move on.

This hotel is on historic route 66 and I think the businesses in this area has gone downhill since the new freeways came to town. Here are the pros and cons of staying at this hotel:

Pros:
1. It's cheap.
2. It's dirt cheap.
3. The check in receptionist was professional.

Cons:
1. Run down rooms and hotel.
2. Noisy from the car traffic and more from the busy railroad across from the main road.
3. People hanging out outside room past midnight. This may not happen to you.
4. I was grossed out by the towels and such. They were washed and clean, but they looked so very old and worn out.
5. No toilet paper but have no problem getting it from the staff.
6. No shampoo.
7. No breakfast, but I did not expect one.

All in all, it was OK because I did not expect much from the hotel, but I would stay else where if I was traveling with my family. The hotel is misnamed -- I could not find the "Luxury" anywhere. It is an OK hotel if you just want a place to spend the night and move on.

Room Tip: To minimize noise from the traffic and train, ask for a room as afar away as possible from the main...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank SeattleTravelDude
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Making our way from Los Angeles to Houston, we decided to take the scenic route through highway 40 instead of interstate 10. Out first night, we stayed in Flagstaff and decided to rent a cheap motel in order to save money. I wasn't expecting much, but this definitely was below my expectations. I read about the railroad track being close by, but that really wasn't a factor for us as our room was toward the back away from the tracks plus we were so tired that we knew the noise wouldn't bother us and it didn't.

These were the issues that I had with the place:

1. The light for the stairs was extremely dim, not making it safe when walking up during the night.
2. The air conditioner did not work, it only blew out room temperature air. I would say it was more like a weak fan.
3. The window by the bathroom area has no curtain, so that means sunlight starts to fill the room at 5am (I was able to prop two of the pillows and a towel on the window in order to minimize the amount of sunlight coming in).
4. I booked the room for 4 people and they only provided two bath towels, fortunately we brought our own towels.
5. No clock radio in the room.
6. No coffee maker in the room.
7. Refrigerator was very weak and kept our food cool, not cold.

Positive points about the room:

1. The beds were not as hard as expected.
2. Small microwave in the room actually worked.
3. The shower had hot water.
4. This was not the worst hotel room we have stayed in and that's the reason why I don't give it a one star.
5. The person at the front desk was very nice.
6. Small Flat screen TV with a fair amount of cable channels.
6. It was cheap.
7. NO ROACHES!

Overall, would I stay here again? Probably not. Next time I will fork out the extra $20 or $30 for a nicer room.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, ask for a room in the back, I believe it's rooms 118 to 131. These...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FitTeacher
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is just about the cheapest motel in Flagstaff. We stayed here on our first night in Flag, but the twanging of the springs in the box mattress kept my wife awake and she kept me awoke so we had a very bad night. I wouldn't stay here again, despite the bargain price. On the other hand, the receptionist was very pleasant and they were upgrading the fittings in some fo the rooms so maybe we were unlucky and slept in that bed the day before they changed it out. Still I wouldn't risk staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Everything was clean. Firm, comfortable mattress. Microwave a/c unit and tv all worked great. Great value for the price. Other than a coffee maker, which would have truly been a luxury, I would have appreciated privacy blinds for the windows in addition to the regular curtains. The room was poorly lit, so it was either open the blinds and have light but no privacy, or close them and have a dim room midday. Truly my only criticism. Would stay there again, was nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

At $33 a night this was a steal. The front desk lady was very kind and helpful. Our hotel rooms were a bit bare however and the lighting was extremely dim, but the facilities were clean and tidy otherwise. The price was so good and showers strong so can't really complain! I recommend that better lighting be installed though

Stayed: April 2014