“Should have just cherished my memories...”

Sizzler - Flagstaff
Ranked #164 of 361 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 21 August 2014

All of the Sizzler's in my area closed down many years ago so I was feeling kind of nostalgic when I saw this one. I had fond memories of double-dating with friends and enjoying what they served at this restaurant.

Wow...either this chain has really gone down hill or my memories are a little too over-inflated.

I knew better than to expect any real quality steaks so we opted for the all-you-can-eat salad bar. Cashier said it included meats, salads and desserts. Only meats offered were weird looking flat chicken wings or super greasy taco meat product.

Restaurant was clean. Salad bar was frequently refilled with fresh stock but...well, I would hesitate to recommend this place because it was just sooooo bland & ho-hum. Nothing was great but lots of it lacked any real flavor. It reminded me of a commercial from long ago, " I'll have a bland & bland with nothing in it."

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stopped here on our way to Vegas for a race with my crew for lunch. Everyone was happy with their food and the staff here were awesome. Super friendly and attentive. I got the salad bar and I don't even eat salads. The choices were vast enough that it was more of a miniature buffet than just a salad bar. If you want a place where you know what to expect and you like Sizzlers, it's a good choice.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I actually wanted a steak in Flagstaff and no one in two bars could come up with a suggestion so I went here since I was staying in the Hampton Inn right next door. I ordered their most expensive steak, a 14oz Ribeye, and it was very good, tender, cooked medium rare as requested. The salad bar is a little pricey as an add on but the selections were good, fresh and I made a very nice salad. Service was prompt and friendly. Besides the salad bar price the big negative was a very over done baked potato. It was almost inedible. I left most of it and just got more salad. My wife's diner was a patty melt, which she described as ok.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We have to go to Flagstaff about twice a year, so we stop in to Sizzler because there was a time they had great food and I keep hoping it will happen again.

The staff is generally friendly, but the food has been a disappointment the last several times we've gone in. The salad bar is often filled with dried, wilted food that tastes....old. Can't put my finger on it, but it just doesn't taste that good. It would be a great value for the money if the food was better, but unfortunately it's not.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Between the 4.99 salad bar and the steak and shrimp dinner, I was beyond full (my fault). Wait staff extremely friendly and a clean place. Also, they are perfectly located around the hotels in town.

1  Thank Edward J