“Enchanting--Fit for a Queen!”
Review of England House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flagstaff
England House B&B
Ranked #2 of 11 Flagstaff B&B and Inns
Wellington, Florida
“Enchanting--Fit for a Queen!”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My husband and I spent my two nights at this lovely Bed & Breakfast in celebration of my fiftieth birthday. The experience was more then exquisite. Richard and Laurel have paid attention to every detail;from the pristine rooms to the scrumptious breakfast. They provided us with a wealth of information about Flagstaff and The Grand Canyon. They are both great conversationalist and truly enjoy making their guest feel right at home in their inn that is most definitely fit for royalty. I would recommend this inn without reservation. The England house is worth a visit whatever the occasion.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We recently stayed two nights at the England House and truly enjoyed our stay. Everything is top-notch and done with class. Richard and Laurel are warm and friendly. The breakfast and coffee that Richard and Laurel provided was great - just the right amount of food. The house is beautiful and Richard provided a thorough tour when we arrived along with a guide on how to use the facility as well as recommendations for many restaurants withing walking distance. We stayed in the 'Stone Cutter' room and loved it. The bed and bedding were extremely comfortable. The 200+ year old antiques were also beautiful. Everything was very comfortable and there are thoughtful touches everywhere. The location is excellent being a short walk to the downtown area and also a short walk to Mars Hill and Lowell Observatory. We also loved playing with the dog (Chocolate Lab) in the morning in the backyard and deck. We really could have set up camp and stayed much longer! We will definitely be back next time we are in the area.
Allen & Beth

Room Tip: Stone Cutter - large sitting area with day bed and gas fireplace, beautiful antiques. Very comforta...
Loreto, Mexico
Reviewed 24 August 2013

can't say enough about this great B&B. the entire house has been lovingly restored and decorated, the rooms were very comfortable and every amenity was thought of. the location is great, easy walk to downtown Flagstaff. (someone mentioned train noise, and we did occasionally hear one, but it was not objectionable and no problem with sleeping). breakfasts were a treat and having snacks and drinks, including wine, available added to the 'at home' feel.
Laurel and Richard...we hope to see you in Loreto sometime soon!!!

Room Tip: can't remember the names of them all but every one was special. especially liked the one with t...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
San Jose, California
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We spent three wonderfully relaxing nights at the England House!

Richard and Laurel, the innkeepers, could not be more accommodating and gracious. The Inn is a "must-see" and Richard's historical tour of the home was beyond amazing.

Highlights include:

Impeccable cleanliness, 800 count IRONED sheets, wine, beer, ice cream, fresh fruit, amazing breakfasts, superb coffee, attention to every detail, umbrellas for the summer showers, room refreshed every day, excellent advice on dining and sight-seeing in the area and warm hospitality that is sincere and genuine.

We had to leave early morning (5am) on our last day and they went out of their way to set a timer on a spare coffee pot just for us, along with a breakfast spread left out on the counter for us to help ourselves to.

To top it off, Richard surprised us by putting additional ice in our cooler while we were out for the day!

They make every effort to make your stay an enjoyable one and welcome you in like family.

Richard and Laurel: You haven't seen the last of us! =)
Give Kesi a ball toss for us. ;)

~Michelle & Eric

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 August 2013

My husband and I were passing through Flagstaff on a long road trip and after days of camping wanted to unwind at a B&B. I booked the Pantry Room for one night based on some reviews I found on tripadvisor.com. I'm so glad I selected this place! After I booked the room weeks before my trip I received a call from Richard, one of the hosts. He wanted to confirm my reservation, see if we have any food allergies or preferences, and also ask me where I was heading in from to figure out what time I would arrive. He was so kind and helpful and made me really look forward to my stay. The day I was scheduled to arrive came and I found that I would arrive early. I called Richard to let him know, and he was so courteous and encouraged me to come by so we could unpack, shower, and then head out to eat and explore the city. We did and get set up in the room after a short tour and a history lesson on the Mansion. We really enjoyed getting to hear about the place! Then he recommended some good places to eat and shops around Flagstaff. He and Laurel were very sweet! We had trouble with some water leaking out of the shower due to not closing the door all the way (my fault) and Richard kindly took care of the issue and cleaned up the mess while we were gone. When we arrived back that evening, we had access to drinks in the fridge and an assortment of fruits and some cookies. I've never felt more at home in a B&B. The next morning we ate a DELICIOUS and healthy breakfast that we LOVED! You would be so lucky to try out their fantastic cooking and baking! After breakfast, Richard gave us advice on where to visit in the Grand Canyon and told us their "secret spot". We explored where he told us and found it to be secluded and beautiful! We couldn't have asked for a better B&B and sweeter hosts and would recommend this to everyone! Don't pass up this gem, we know where we will stay if we come back to Flagstaff!

Room Tip: All the rooms look so cute, Richard gave us a peek into the other rooms. The Pantry is small but a g...
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 21 August 2013

From the moment we arrived to the second we left, we were treated with warmth and hospitality. Richard and Laurel did an amazing job of accommodating our needs as guests of their house and guests of northern Arizona. They filled us in on the best restaurants in Flagstaff and local places to explore, and even made a special "sunrise breakfast" for us as we had to leave early one day to get to the Grand Canyon. The oatmeal was DELICIOUS and Laurel even shared her recipe with us!!! We loved the Star Gazer room. It was the perfect setting for a romantic getaway and the jacuzzi was great after a long day at the Grand Canyon.

We loved the England House and all that it had to offer and we hope to return soon. Thank you, Richard and Laurel!!!!

Room Tip: We loved the Star Gazer.
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My wife and I spent a weekend at the England House and enjoyed it very much. The hosts( Richard and Laurel) were very friendly and helped us plan dinners, hikes, etc. The room we had was called the pantry and even though it was small for some people. we enjoyed the room. the breakfasts were well done and delicious. Will definitely return again and again.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice.