“The best B&B I've ever stayed in!”
Review of England House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flagstaff
England House B&B
Ranked #2 of 11 Flagstaff B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 September 2010

The England House was the perfect, cozy home away from home. I stopped here as part of a cross-country road trip from Virginia, and immediately felt like I was at home or visiting familiar friends (something I had been longing for after several weeks on the road!). Richard and Laurel were so welcoming, relaxed, and knowledgeable about the area. They were generous hosts and so accommodating, both with my stay, but also in sharing their "insider" knowledge and tips about the area. They pointed out some great spots for dining and leisure activities around Flagstaff, and my trip to the Grand Canyon was one of the major highlights of my entire road trip because of their help (not to mention, the gourmet breakfast that they sent me off with)! If you are looking for a bed & breakfast in Flagstaff, look no further - this is definitely the place to stay, whether you're just passing through Flagstaff or whether you are looking for a quiet, quaint getaway.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for England House B&B

Reviewed 20 September 2010

We have been to the England House B&B at least 5 times now and have never once been disappointed. We have stayed at other B&B's in Flagstaff and England House, by far, is superior to any other B&B, hotel, cottage in Flagstaff. Richard and Laurel are the best hosts and take pride in their Inn as well as service. England House offers the most relaxed atmosphere you will find. The rooms are comfortable and beds are heavenly! The breakfasts are very filling and healthy! Richard and Laurel have always greeted us everytime with "welcome home". I can't say enough good things about this B&B. The location is perfect, close to downtown, but not too close. It is an easy 5-10 minute walk. We HIGHLY recommend anyone to stay here and not to look at any other B&B in town. We promise that Richard and Laurel will not disappoint you!
PS- we love your new addition to the family too- Kezzie! What a gorgeous pup! :) We will see you again in November!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2010

After 10 days of traveling, we were really missing the comforts of home, so decided to book a b&b. Upon arriving at the England House, we were greeted by the family dog on the lawn, and immediately felt right at home. The next 24 hours were a great experience! Richard welcomed us into the home, helped us settle in, and showed us where to find yummy healthy snacks at any time. He then provided us with a history of the town and the England house, as well as recommendations for great places to eat. Our room, along with the rest of the house was beautiful, and made us feel like we were right back in New England. Upon returning from a night out, we enjoyed lounging and laughing in the living room with the other guests. We slept WELL in our bed, and woke up to a delicious breakfast that consisted of a homemade egg souffle with fresh fruit and juices. Before we left, Richard painted over a knick on the bumper of my car from a fender bender months before just because! I felt like I was staying with family (relatives with a great place, of course!) Thanks for everything Richard and Laurel! You guys rocked! We will be back the next time we are in Arizona!!! Jen and Meaghan, Connecticut

Reviewed 11 September 2010

My wife and I recently stayed at a B&B for a trip to the Grand Canyon and Sedona. As a frequent business traveler I had always relied on major hotels so I knew what I could expect, so I was a bit nervous trying something different. We spent 3 delightful days at the England House, and my expectations were exceeded!
The house itself is beautifully refurbished but doesn’t feel like a collection of antiques. Rather, it is warm and felt as comfortable as our own home. More importantly, the owners, Richard and Laurel go out of their way to make you feel at home. Since they live in the house next door, they also give you the run of the place so that you don’t feel like you’re intruding. Each morning they prepared a different breakfast and they are proud of the fact that they only use organic foods. When we returned at the end of each day of touring, there was a bottle wine waiting on the counter. But the best feature was their knowledge of the area. Each morning after breakfast, they would describe the best places to go and which to avoid. They advised us on how to avoid the crowds and see the best sites.
T location of the England House was also a plus. It was walking distance to the historic downtown with a large selection of great restaurants. It was also easily accessible to the highways and central to both the Grand Canyon and Sedona. If you are planning a trip to Flagstaff, I can highly recommend the England House

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2010

Richard and Laurel have set the bar high!! This was our first time to ever stay in a bed and breakfast. Every detail of our stay was perfect! Each morning after an excellent breakfast, they would help us "review" our itinerary. The gave us so much insight on our destinations for the day. It was information that only a well seasoned native would know. Their "insight" was by far the highlight of our trip! We can't wait to revisit!!!

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 7 September 2010

We had some great days in the England House. Laurel and Richard, the owners are awesome. They always have some hints for your day trip. We got an perfect hint for a awesome hidden spot at Grand Canyon. The rooms are very cute. The breakfast is delicious. Great service, you can always get something to drink for free or grab one of the perfect self-made cookies. And if you want to relax, just sit down in the nice garden.

Reviewed 30 August 2010

Like most of the B & Bs my husband and I have visited, England House offers lovely Victorian rooms and ample breakfasts. But the "little touches" distinguish this wonderful B & B.

Fine linens, a relaxing jacuzzi, fresh-baked cookies in the afternoon, and a top shelf in the refrigerator where guests can help themselves to soft drinks or a glass of wine in the afternoon, are just some of the "extras" that make this such a welcoming place. The daily breakfasts served were wonderful - and the hosts are very generous with the recipies! We encountered couples who were return visitors to England House - certainly a positive endorsement.

Hosts are friendly and very helpful with advice about attractions and restaurants. Take their advice and you will enjoy places not found in the guidebooks. Flagstaff is centrally located if your goal is to visit the Grand Canyon and the red rocks of Sedona. If you visit in the summer months, you will find Flagstaff to be an escape from the heat of Phoenix or Sedona.

England House helped to make this one our best vacations - and that includes European trips as well as domestic! If you haven't visited the red rocks and the Grand Canyon yet - don't miss them!

Janet & Larry